Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rough idle and now starting issues on 08 h3 base

Old 09-23-2022, 12:34 PM
Default Rough idle and now starting issues on 08 h3 base

Hello. I have a 08 h3 base w 167,000 miles. No issues up until now. Regular oil changes etc..well maintained. Small things are starting to go wrong so I purchased the fixed automotive plug in. The device told me it was the camshaft and crankshaft sensors so that's what I purchased. Those were installed and it ran great.now back to the same issue. I also noticed some spraying hissing sound from under the truck so I slid under and directly in front of catalytic converter something sprays out as soon as I shut the truck off. Could that be tied into the sensor issue somehow. Do I need to order a new converter? Not trying to sound like a dummy,but I just don't know much about the sensors or the converters.

These are the sensors that were replaced and the above pic is what the fixed automotive is saying still..

Old 09-23-2022, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

There is nothing to spray in/from an exhaust system, and we can't hear what you are trying to describe. Do you smell any gas when the sound happens? Hard starting w/o and Check Engine Light could be a fuel leak or low fuel pressure.

When was the last time you had the Throttle Body Cleaned and same for the MAF?

Read this (do NOT post in the linked thread, it is for you to READ): Acts like it wants to stall/rough idle -No CEL -What To Do: