PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Drivers side air bag replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:44 AM

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...call_filtering

This should pull the listings up right...

Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I've never heard of that happening with an air bag sensor or really anything causing one to go off like that other than potentially working on something and inadvertently applying power to some of the wiring for an airbag.

Anyways I just checked and they are $50 on eBay and you then have a choice of color or style. You can go with a different color or go with the style that has the round H2 badge instead of the molded in lettering. I'm not really wanting to sell the one I have for any less so may as well just grab one you like on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...=Hummer+airbag

On a side note - I swapped mine for the two tone look that was seemingly random as stock on H2's. I think they look nice that way. I also swapped my steering wheel with a wood Escalade wheel.

Here is one of the Escalade steering wheels.... that is actually a great price for one in good shape! https://www.ebay.com/itm/312330730090

Photo of one that came stock with a tan air bag on the wheel... I like the look myself.

This is one of the neatest pictures of the H2. It was based on the very first H2 units produced. Most likely a prototype. Notice a few things; silver vs, dark silver dash bezels (did in fact exist on the first production units), perforated steering wheel, unique On-Star module, 12v receptacles sideways, unique center console lid, shifter stitching facing backwards, vs, down, and dash trim tan vs black. Very cool picture!

Also, I've tracked the switch from Tan driver airbag to Black occurred somewhere around the 16,843 unit manufactured in the 2003 model year (if I remember correctly). So all VINs below this number will be tan unless of course someone has already changed it out.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:59 AM

Very interesting info! I'd seen this exact photo before but it never really crossed my mind to catch all of those subtle little differences. Couple more tiny differences - the 12V outlets have 12V on them in mine. The letter/icon spacing on the three lower 4WD buttons is spread way apart on the ones in the picture above. You might also notice a mysterious button on mine under the rear wiper switch....

Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 AM

My truck has that button because i have the front stock fog lights on the grill guard

Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 AM

You can get one from an SUV and it plugs right in a fits perfect in the H2's. Does not actually do anything without some extra work though. I think 5" daytime running lights are idiotic so I converted them to driving/fog lights. Adding in a latching relay to have the button control them. You can also swap the BCM if you wanted to go that route as well. Our BCM will respond the button press when viewed with a Tech 2 but the outputs are not enabled in the software and I cannot find anyway to enable the output other than swapping the BCM with one from an SUV with the same RPO codes but also fog lights. I'm still undecided on which way I'm going to go about it....

Old 12-13-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
You can get one from an SUV and it plugs right in a fits perfect in the H2's. Does not actually do anything without some extra work though. I think 5" daytime running lights are idiotic so I converted them to driving/fog lights. Adding in a latching relay to have the button control them. You can also swap the BCM if you wanted to go that route as well. Our BCM will respond the button press when viewed with a Tech 2 but the outputs are not enabled in the software and I cannot find anyway to enable the output other than swapping the BCM with one from an SUV with the same RPO codes but also fog lights. I'm still undecided on which way I'm going to go about it....
whoooooooosh!!!!
all of that went so far and so fast over my head

Old 12-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by CSI H2
Hey all,
I am curious if there are instructions or advice when it comes to the drivers side steering wheel air bag.
I had a faulty sensor and it caused the air bag to deploy.
Because of this, I need to get a new air bag (btw, if anyone knows of anywhere I can get one pretty cheap please let me know!!!) and then of course, I will need to install it.
Any help with this, I would really be thankful
eBay has them. They are used but verified as good. problem is most mechanics are not permitted to install "used" airbags because they are safety devices.