PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

does anyone know what this is? round glass lens on my dash???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Question does anyone know what this is? round glass lens on my dash???

I have a 2005 H2 SUV with the luxury package and on my lower dash there is a small glass lense about 1" in diameter. It is where the button for the air ride suspension is on most H2s. I thought this might be something for blue tooth but I can't get the blue tooth to work, and I'm not even sure that this vehicle has a factory blue tooth system. My iphone doesn't pick it up. I guess that's another question as well. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this. I have read the entire owner's manual and searched all over online and I can't find anything. I hope this pic comes through...it is very similar to the automatic light sensor on the top of the dash. Help???

Attached Thumbnails does anyone know what this is?  round glass lens on my dash???-dsc04661.jpg   does anyone know what this is?  round glass lens on my dash???-dsc04660.jpg  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system in your H2? It looks like an interior motion detector to me. What ever it is it's aftermarket. you can see the wire running to it. follow the wire and you will have a better idea.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 AM

I agree about it being aftermarket. Do you have an aftermarket entertainment system? It kind of looks like an IR sensor for a remote...

If you can follow the wire to see where it goes that should get you your answer

Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks guys!!! I agree with you both. Hmmm...I still have my factory alarm. I do have a DVD player mounted in the overhead just rear of the sun roof. Could it be for that? I have a remote that I have never tried but I don't know why the sensor would be in the front for that when everything is in the back. Hmmm....maybe I will follow that wire. I was really hoping you were going to tell me it was the factory blue tooth sensor...haha. I guess there is no factory blue tooth eh? Anyway, thanks, I'll check it out and see what I can find!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Nah you are all wrong. That is your Transformer button. Once you hit it, hold on and go for the ride!