PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash warning lights are off

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Default dash warning lights are off

Hi

I buy my h2 from Indu guy that have a not to respetable car lot sale. ( i have nothing agains Indus, is so happend this diler was indu)

I find out today that some how they turn of all the warning light on the dash so the future owner (me) dont see no error on the car.

none of thi following warning light works like

no parking brake light
no check engine light
no abs light
no brake light

all the warning lights are off. probably they remove the bults or something

or there is another way tu turn all those warning lights off.

my intetion is to fix all this light but before I remove the dash like to know if there any other option I sure know about

Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 AM

I'm not sure how you would turn off all of those indicator lights. I would lean more towards the bulbs being burned out. H2's are getting old and dash lights are known to burn out in these things.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 AM

I bet the bulbs are not there. Removed because of the 4wd and ABS problems so you would not know and buy the truck. Check engine is maybe a different problem, usually emissions or fuel system. Need to replace ABS sensor and see if it fixes ABS module problem. But I think bulbs were removed.
Instrument cluster is not hard. If I remeber the bezel/cover fits under the center radio and aircon bezel/cover so may need to remove it first - it's the one with the "boob" vents. Here is a view:BEZEL. Instrument Cluster. INSTRUMENT PANEL & RELATED PARTS PART 1 for 2004 Hummer H2. #15199971