PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dash Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Default Dash Lights

New Member here. I picked up a 2003 H2 just recently and the truck is in really good shape overall. I did notice that after start up the lights in the instrument cluster will not illuminate. Specifically any of the indicator lights for ebrake, headlights etc. They all turn on upon starting her up but won't illuminate after that. Common gremlin?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:24 AM

I'm thinking those are all controlled by the BCM (body control module). My thought would first be that like pretty much all H2's that the front roof lights or sunroof drain was clogged and leaked at some point and water ran down into the front of the dash and managed to get to the lower front of the steering column area and got the BCM wet. So - I'd check the connectors and the BCM for any corrosion on the connectors. Could also be the cluster itself but that seems unlikely since it lights those indicators when they first get powered up.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I'm thinking those are all controlled by the BCM (body control module). My thought would first be that like pretty much all H2's that the front roof lights or sunroof drain was clogged and leaked at some point and water ran down into the front of the dash and managed to get to the lower front of the steering column area and got the BCM wet. So - I'd check the connectors and the BCM for any corrosion on the connectors. Could also be the cluster itself but that seems unlikely since it lights those indicators when they first get powered up.
gotcha, thank you! I will check it out