PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Clicking near rear end....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Default Clicking near rear end....

Often times when we shut our 2003 H2 off and get out, we will hear a clicking sounds ( 5 - 7 times). I listened underneath when it was happening, and it appears it is coming from the "computer" components located underneath / behind the rear bumper.

Does anyone know what these computer components control , or what the sound may be ?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Default RE: Clicking near rear end....

I would think any clicking sound could be the exhaust cooling. Other than that, something for the EVAP system maybe?Name:  scratchchin.gif
Views: 2230
Size:  1.3 KB

Old 11-25-2006, 11:07 PM

Thanks !

We do have a Magnaflow on it, but it is clearly coming from that "computer" box that is covered up under there

The dealer stated they could not duplicate the problem Of course, when we picked it up, drove it home, it did it

Mike

Old 11-25-2006, 11:20 PM

I have the same exhaust on mine and no problem. I dont know if the purge valve is located there or not. Normaly that would tag the check engine light. This is just a guess, but maybe the gas cap is not venting right and too much pressure is building up causing the valve to work overtime. Name:  dunno.gif
Views: 2237
Size:  275 Bytes

We have a few on this site with some good tech info. Maybe they will chime in.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:21 PM

Cool !!!

Thanks for the ideas !!!

Mike

Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 PM

I suspect it to be normal..Probably the emissions evaporative controls either; 1. pressurizing the system looking for any leaks, or 2. it's the fuel pump shutting down..Course I have an H3 and don't have a clue what it could be....But my Land Rover I had, would do that for about 30 secounds to check the fuel system for integrity.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM

I was going to respond in a funny way to Dennis, but I'm kinda brain dead this morning.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:08 PM

do you have an air bag suspension or springs? i don't know what computer stuff in the rear you're talking about, but would guess it has something to do with the compressor, assuming you have one.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 PM

Hi. found this site by searching for clicking noise.
I too have this noise on my 04/H2. It just started. It only happens after it has been driven abd only lasts for seconds after you park.
sounds like a solinoid clicking. Took it to the dealership "didnt make noise" service guy said it could be the air ride pump? but wasnt sure.
My noise has stopped in the last few days as I have the back loaded with some parts. I wounder if this added weight has anything to do with the noise stopping?
Would appriciate any more opinions

Thanks
Mark

Old 11-29-2006, 03:08 PM

My Avalanche did this, My SRT-10 did this, my H2 does it ... Either I've had 3 trucks with the same problem or this is normal. I've never reflected on it much ..

Quick Reply: Clicking near rear end....