PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearance lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Default Clearance lights

Hi all,

‘’I want to seal my clearance lights on the front of my H2.. I did the corners but don’t see how to remove them to get under them... can you help?

Mark

Old 03-17-2019, 08:40 AM

Small clip underneath.... See the pic. Simply push it left or right toward the spring side to unhook the opposite side. If you push one way and it will not move then try the other direction. You can also use a pick or tiny thin screwdriver and press against and release the spring clip side as well to remove them but this does have more chance of damaging the gaskets.

Also I'd strongly suggest getting new gaskets versus putting any sort of silicone around them. You need to be able to remove them to replace the bulb and silicone is near impossible to remove and nothing really seals well or sticks to dry silicone (not even more silicone) which can cause further leak issues later.

Seller on Amazon has a full set of the gaskets for a decent price and can also find them on eBay.

Amazon Amazon
Link to gaskets.....

Old 03-17-2019, 11:54 AM

I siliconed all mine down
I at least put in all new bulbs before I did it

Old 05-07-2019, 10:04 AM

If I decide to upgrade to LEDs on all clearance lights, is it just a simple plug and play? Thanks.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by DennisH3
If I decide to upgrade to LEDs on all clearance lights, is it just a simple plug and play? Thanks.
Most likely. Only issue I could see happening is that the LED is larger and won't fit in the plastic light shell. I'd buy one and try it before buying them all.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:25 PM

I put LEDs in mine. So far, so good. They are a lot more intense & you can see the bulbs instead of just the actual housing. I think incandescent looks better, but I won't argue with the results.
You can buy LED bulks on ebay fairly cheaply, so it's not a bad option to try.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
I put LEDs in mine. So far, so good. They are a lot more intense & you can see the bulbs instead of just the actual housing. I think incandescent looks better, but I won't argue with the results.
You can buy LED bulks on ebay fairly cheaply, so it's not a bad option to try.
Any pics at night. I have always thought about putting LEDs in mine but more brightness but was curious how they would actually look.