PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which chip is the best to use for increased fuel performance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Default Which chip is the best to use for increased fuel performance?

There are too many chips out there and they seem to target different performance issues. I want one that will increase my gas mileage. I use my H2 as a daily driver. I currently get 11.5 Hiway and not sure about in town mileage.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 PM

You bought the wrong vehicle

Best improvements? Take the cross bars and brush bar off. Ditch the spare and the 3rd row seat. Replace all fluids with ams oil. Make sure your tire pressure is not too low

Last but not least watch your right foot and only drive down hill

PS:Stay away from those chips, especially the BBQ kind

Last edited by nlhummer; 01-23-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM

i ave a superchip that work whit my android phone 250$ all in on e-bay and can program specifiquely for what you wont, tow, performance, economy etc may not be the best of all in fuel economy, but if you go too lean, you ruin your engine so... but the fact that you can tell what kind of fuel you use and if you ave made some modifications or not make me comfident that the setup is more precise for what i do than the stock tune.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 AM

There is always a smart a** (nlhummer) that appeals to the publics humor instead of being helpful and adhering to the intent of the forum.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Then there is the dumb a$$ that :
A. does not appreciate a little humor.
B. Apparently did buy the wrong vehicle
C. did not read that post well since there are actually a lot of fuel saving tips in there. So you know: I took the spare out of the trunk for lots more cargo space. I took the Cross bars off. Do not need them. I left the brushbar (i like the look). Last but not least I went from 37's to 35's which saved me 10% on fuel. And yes if you watch your right foot you can save. I have achieved 15.5 mpg on a 100 mile stretch doing 60-65 mph

Last but not least BBQ chips make you fat. More weight means more fuel needed and performance chips do not help in mpg, at least not in a normally aspirated vehicle.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:52 PM

I've never used a chip in my vehicle but...I did chip my last car. It seemed to change the shift patterns in the vehicle for a little added kick. I don't know much about them as far as fuel economy goes. I can't imagine a pre-programmed chip actually helping when It doesn't have someone there to monitor and adjust it when its running.

I see that predator makes a kit that allows you to program your ride to your specs. I'd have a professional mess with that personally as I would hate to f*** up my motor though.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 AM

I had a chip in my truck and I did not feel like it really did anything..not worth the money and yeah you can mess up your tranny.

Get nice exhaust and cold air intake to breath better...BUT, don't go crazy with the right foot because it sounds beefy..youll just waist more gas..

I average about 12-13.5 per gallon city driving...I just cruise though and try not to punch it to much. If I drive about 38-40 mph I can usually get the green lights..

I punch it when I need to and it does not effect my mpg.

I have had big gas guzzlers for a very long time about 10+ years from the old chevy bodys trucks and suburbans to the new trucks and SUV's. I don't by the vehicle for the gas as I do the comfort.

Family always worries about me and gas prices but I have been so use to spending loads of money on gas that going from my Avalanche to the HUMMER I'm not really sure if I see a HUGE difference.

Biggest thing in my opinion is the exhaust and cold air intake......cheers