Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Chilton Repair Manuals OR H2 repair CD's (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/chilton-repair-manuals-h2-repair-cds-3673/)

YH2Owner 02-06-2007 01:53 PM

Chilton Repair Manuals OR H2 repair CD's

Being that my warranty has expired on my H2 I still plan on keeping it however. Was wondering if anybody knows whether repair manuals have ever been released for these trucks yet. Years ago weuse to be able to getmanuals made by chiltons & couple other makers, donno if they even do this any more been so long. When I bought my H2 I found a site that I think was related to GM that sold the repair manual in CD format, however they wanted 200-300 for it which at the time I thought was little expensive for couple CD's. However, now upon reflection that price is much more attractive cause 1 major part or a simple repair could pay for it. Anybody know about anything regarding any format to repair H2's? specifically 2003? Thanks-- In the mean time ima gonna try and find that site again, heck in any site for that matter, google here I come--:)Remember knowledge is POWER--[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

HummerGuy 02-06-2007 02:02 PM

RE: Chilton Repair Manuals OR H2 repair CD's

I would check eBay. They always have repair CD's for pretty much anything. What year is your H2 again?

shortbus 02-06-2007 02:03 PM

i bought the actual paper version of the GM shop manual, 2 phone book size manuals, for $130. i'm sure there are cd's available, but i prefer the old school style that i can take under the truck with me. not sure if chilton's has anything out yet, but wouldn't trust them if they did.

YH2Owner 02-06-2007 05:37 PM

EXCELLENT!!, thats really what I am looking for, I'm the same as you, prefer phone size books etc, & I agree bout chiltons (they were never very good or accuarate). I googled my but after I posted above, did not find what I am looking for. Ebay had 1 something, but I was skeptical of what was availiable. So shortbus, would you be so kind as to let me know where you found those hummer phone books? I'll assume it is for 2003 h2?price looks about right also, (better than 200-300 for plastic cd's hehe). Let me know sourceits appreciated--http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing10.gif

shortbus 02-06-2007 05:47 PM

got it from the dealer, they had to order it for me. it's the same one they use, and yes, it's for an '03. it's definitely helped with being able to tear the dash apart and put it back together with no spare parts, and good for knowing what the codes mean. makes me sound a bit smarter when i take it in for service.

YH2Owner 02-06-2007 06:41 PM

OK, thanks, I'm pretty close with my advisers over thar, so it should be NP getting a set, thanks for info--

shortbus 02-06-2007 06:43 PM

you're quitewelcome

moto.racerx 03-16-2007 03:51 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I would check eBay. They always have repair CD's for pretty much anything. What year is your H2 again?
the guys on ebay just search the internet ... burn the cd... and sell it to you.

I should find it soon.... new h2 owner.... and have yet to look.

if anyone wants.... pm me and I will get back to you when i find it to download if you want.
________
Live Sex

atashashane 01-22-2010 11:38 PM

You could buy both them. But I much prefer with repair manuals though the Repair CDs were less expensive compare to chilton. But chilton manual is a complete package for h2 repair.

javacoderex 02-04-2010 11:21 AM

I'll have to post the result but I just purchased a CD-based manual for my 06 H2 on EBay for 14 + S&H. Who knows... I would have been willing to pay $130 for something "official" but couldn't find anything. The only Haynes manual I found was specific to the transmission and drive train of similar vehicles. Nothing specific to the H2.

Rick