PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blower resistor bypass /running all the time?! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 AM

When I tested the controller I had power to it. Just a fluke that the power was getting there. I too thought he main controller would be the issue. Then when it did not fix it I began checking down stream in the system to see if there were other issues. When I did not find any I started over (this morning) after clearing my head. The I found no power to the controller and went up stream until I found this. Ironically the controller I purchased used turned out to be junk and I am returning it. The old one I had to begin with works fine. I found out the seller did not test it before sending it to me. Oh well . It is fixed and I am that much wiser for all the crap I went through to fix it. Gotta take something good from everything life throws at us. LOL

Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 AM

Isnt that the truth...

i went through 3 resistors, 2 blowers, and a controller before i finally got mine fixed. it was a half a summer project as it took me a few days each way to ship my resistors back and forth to cali from wi.

i am getting better at tearing it apart though thats for sure.
steve

Old 02-15-2016, 11:21 AM

Yep, there are a ton of stories on the forums over nightmares just like this one and your own issues with yours. I actually am getting ready to sell mine. I am going to a Suburban (older one) for towing trailers and such. The H3 is great offload but is worthless towing unless you want to run it at 3000 RPMs forever and that opens up another bunch of issues with motor longevity. Gonna miss it for the trails but the other 95% of the time the suburban will be better. Thanks again for your help. I do appreciate it.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM

No problem glad to help out.

my h2 is just a fun weekend or night time cruise vehicle. my daily is a 01 tahoe lt, my towing rig is a 14 gmc sierra all terrain package. i have a 6k# trailer so i know how it goes with towing stuff, my sierra works pretty hard towing my enclosed race trailer.

steve

Old 02-15-2016, 11:34 AM

I would do a truck but we have three of us going most of the time. Sometimes 4 and we also have two pitbulls that go with us. The suburban can fit the gear we need - the dogs- and tow what I need it too. That is the only reason I am not going to a truck.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:53 PM

if anyone need a new updated resistor they are on amazon now for 119$ i just got mine today ... now i need a actuator for the passenger side :-(

Old 05-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Default Blower Motor Connector

Originally Posted by RadioMike
Your resistor module is actually a scr mounted to the aluminum heat sink. It is controlled via a signal from the HVAC control module. It gets real hot when on any speed but high. I have repaired several of these units.
The module must be attached back into the duct work to get a flow of air across the heat sink fins if it is expected to last at all.

Mike
I have a melted blower motor connector in my 2003 H2. It is the connector coming from the blower resistor to the motor itself.

Any idea of what the connector id is? It says Delphi, but no other id on it. I would hate to replace a $300 resistor over a $10 connector.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by clsimmon
I have a melted blower motor connector in my 2003 H2. It is the connector coming from the blower resistor to the motor itself.

Any idea of what the connector id is? It says Delphi, but no other id on it. I would hate to replace a $300 resistor over a $10 connector.
i just got this one .... works perfect with updated wires .....

Amazon.com: Hummer H2 Blower Fan Resistor Module 03 04 05 06 07 Updated Version Includes Harness: Automotive Amazon.com: Hummer H2 Blower Fan Resistor Module 03 04 05 06 07 Updated Version Includes Harness: Automotive

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM

was it a direct fit with the updated harness?? its nice to see something coming around again for them.

did everyone get their fans and such fixed and going again yet? mine has been working well after the full rebuild of the components last year.

steve

Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
was it a direct fit with the updated harness?? its nice to see something coming around again for them.

did everyone get their fans and such fixed and going again yet? mine has been working well after the full rebuild of the components last year.

steve
just need to join a few cables with the new one and you are all set .... its working really nice got my fan from amazon also i think for 65$ all working like new ...