PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Can anyone here help me with a part number for the actuator that controls the passenger temp?

I have a 2008

Thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Auto Zone has what you need, are you experiencing heat instead of cold air on the drivers side? If so the part number you need is: Dorman 604-106 Air Door Actuator www.DormanProducts.com Auto Zones Part number is: Skew 22072244 or 143547 this Actuator is easily found on the passenger side. All you need to do is take off the covering under your glove compartment, as soon as you remove that you will see the Actuator right there. Remove the two screws holding it in place it will fall into your hands, then unplug it and plug in the new one put it in place put the screws back in, replace the cover under the glove compartment. Remember before you do anything with an electrical part, ALWAYS disconnect your battery first! Once your new part is in, now you can reconnect your battery. Start your car, with the power to your airconditioner in the off possition. Turn it on, it only take a couple of seconds for the new part to calibrate, then you will feel cold air on both sides.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by darkgable735
Auto Zone has what you need, are you experiencing heat instead of cold air on the drivers side? If so the part number you need is: Dorman 604-106 Air Door Actuator www.DormanProducts.com Auto Zones Part number is: Skew 22072244 or 143547 this Actuator is easily found on the passenger side. All you need to do is take off the covering under your glove compartment, as soon as you remove that you will see the Actuator right there. Remove the two screws holding it in place it will fall into your hands, then unplug it and plug in the new one put it in place put the screws back in, replace the cover under the glove compartment. Remember before you do anything with an electrical part, ALWAYS disconnect your battery first! Once your new part is in, now you can reconnect your battery. Start your car, with the power to your airconditioner in the off possition. Turn it on, it only take a couple of seconds for the new part to calibrate, then you will feel cold air on both sides.
Thanks for the information!!! Quick question, when I remove the cover under the glove box all I see is a large black plastic housing. No screws, tabs or seams of any kind to take that apart. Should the actuator be toward the bottom or is it higher up in the dash? Located behind the glove box I can see the XM module and other electrical stuff... I am just trying to gage if I can do this myself.

FYI my H2 is a 2008

Thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Anyone know where I can find a diagram showing everything for doing this job?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 PM

You have three screws holding that huge black seamingly seamles panel under the glove box. The Actuator is located up on the left after you drop that cover. The 3 screws are deepset in the cover so you really have to look closely for them. Once you drop that cover you will immediately see the Actuator on your left snuggled up against the console. Remember you only have 3 screws for the cover and 2 screws for the Actuator.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM

Darkgable735: Found it!!! Thanks again for the explanation. Now I am just waiting for the part to come so I can get this fixed.

Thanks again!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM

mgurgone,

If the part you are waiting on costs more that $145.00 look somewhere else. Some have purchased the part for under that figure, but many have paid way too much! It should only take you approximately 20 to 30 minutes max to repace. If you had gone to the dealer, it would have cost you a minimum of $500.00 dollars. You sir, have just saved yourself a bunch of money!!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by darkgable735
mgurgone,

If the part you are waiting on costs more that $145.00 look somewhere else. Some have purchased the part for under that figure, but many have paid way too much! It should only take you approximately 20 to 30 minutes max to repace. If you had gone to the dealer, it would have cost you a minimum of $500.00 dollars. You sir, have just saved yourself a bunch of money!!!!
I got the new part yesterday and replaced it today. It took 20 minutes tops and the hardest part was putting the cover under the glove box back on.

Thanks again for the all info!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 AM

What actuator needs replaced if air is only coming out the defrost?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM

I am now having the same problem with air only coming out of the defrost. Also the drivers side is opposite what the thermostat is set to.

I am now wondering if the other actuator is bad, or if it is possibly the controller. Anyone here have any input or ideas?

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement