PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JimDrew
peeplwtchr, glad my info helped you!

LoJac963, See #2:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...answers-27779/

Thanks for the info, I did read your post and actually printed out the info. I was curious if anyone had actually changed the recirc one though. I was curious if anyone had done it without ripping the dash apart. I really want to avoid that if possible.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM

I believe someone posted that it was possible using a 8mm open end wrench and a lot of patience. I replaced my dash top because it had a crack in it and it was a breeze to get to this one and see the one located next to the passenger side pillar.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by peeplwtchr
Hi All-

I just had the same issue (Passenger side blowing hot air), so I changer the Passenger side Blend Door Actuator. Thanks to Indy and Jim's detailed instructions, I saved $1250.00! The dealer here wanted $1400.00. I picked up the part at O'reilly auto parts for $150.00, it took me about 3 hours. Be advised that Oreilly has it listed as Driver's side in their computer. We weren't sure which part it was, until I found Jim's part # (Ending in 106) in my notes. That pulled up the part right away.

To Note: I couldn't get my wrench on the screws for the unit at first, I thought I read here that I needed a 7mm wrench, the nuts were actually 8mm on mine.
Also, the tip I saw here about loosening the duct nuts in the center dash allowed me to get the unit out in 1-2 minutes, after I struggled with them for 1/2 hour . I just propped up the duct over the unit with a wood block, and I could get my whole hand in there.

I had everything back together in 10 minutes. If I had to do this again, it would be less than an hour.

I am new to this forum, and just want to thank everyone involved in this thread. I was schooling both the dealer and the guys at the auto parts stores with the info I found here!
Just replaced my passenger side blend door. Couldn't of done it with the advise of Jim, Indy and two videos on YouTube. I also got stuck at removing the two screws. It took a hour to remove the dash pieces and two hours to remove the two darn screws, because of limited access. I wish I had read peepl comments before starting my repair. I used a cork to pry up the solid black duct pipe. 8mm small wrench did the trip, but required patience. I put the whole dash back together in 10 minutes. This tread and forum saved me $800-1000.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:03 AM

Glad I could help. I just can't see paying the outrageous cost that a shop wants to replace these actuators. Some patience and not a whole of time is worth the effort. It would make more sense to take that extra $800-$1000 and buy the family a huge HD television!

Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 PM

I have a 2004 H2 that I've owned for about 8 months now. I love it but I'm figuring out more and more bugs that it has it seems everyday. This actuator problem being one of them. My controls seem to be working properly but I cannot seem to get the floor vents to work, my rear vents have barely anything coming from them, and I'm pretty sure it's stuck on recirc. After reading this post I checked the blend actuator and it seems to be moving as it should but for some reason there is still no air coming through rear floor vents and minimal coming from front floor vents and still at full force at face vents when it should be all on the floor. The only thing that seems to change is defrost to face. My thoughts are did this actuator go out and someone replaced it with the wrong one? Still not sure why there is no air coming from rear face vents? TIA!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Ok, same issue for me but all 4 vents blowing super hot air out with the temp set at 60 w/ AC on. This happened right after I disconnected the battery for 15 min to try and clear the "service air suspension" message after replacing rear air bag suspension (which didn't work by the way, and neither did removing the relay over the front driver's wheel...another thread)). I tried removing the HVAC fuses in the interior/engine and trying to let the climate system recalibrate/reset. No such luck. I was quoted $2000 by a mechanic to do dash removal and replace all 4 actuators. Could there be a simpler and cheaper explanation??

Old 02-05-2016, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by FYRCOMM
Ok, same issue for me but all 4 vents blowing super hot air out with the temp set at 60 w/ AC on. This happened right after I disconnected the battery for 15 min to try and clear the "service air suspension" message after replacing rear air bag suspension (which didn't work by the way, and neither did removing the relay over the front driver's wheel...another thread)). I tried removing the HVAC fuses in the interior/engine and trying to let the climate system recalibrate/reset. No such luck. I was quoted $2000 by a mechanic to do dash removal and replace all 4 actuators. Could there be a simpler and cheaper explanation??

FYRCOMM: Print out this thread and use the YouTube videos to replace all the actuators if that is the problem. It will take an afternoon, but worth the savings. Someone else might have a trick to resetting the actuators. Try looking here or on-line, I vaguely remember reading about it somewhere. Side note: I've also replaced by air bags with spring and can't get rid of the dang error message. Let us know if you get the actuator to work without removing the dash.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:37 AM

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...answers-27779/
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...acement-19286/

Note the bit about how the doors reset after disconnecting the battery in the first thread.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Default Mode actutator location for issues with mode and defrost

Originally Posted by nickoliboz
Which actuator would control my AC that only comes out of defrost?

Any Idea?
It's the MODE actuator. It controls all the modes. Do yourself a favor and do the job yourself. If I remember right the MODE actuator is directly above the accelerator pedal and is easy to get too. Should take about 30 min total. The dealer tried to charged me $700 for the MODE actuator replacement. Boy, do I regret letting them touch my truck. I later did the RECIRC actuator myselt. The dealer wanted to charge me 20 hours labor plus the part. This is actually a 2 hour job for someone who has never taken the dash apart. You can lookup dash removal on YouTube.com if you need to get to the other actuators. The other actuators are a bit harder to get to, but can be done DIY. Don't feed the Stealerships service departments.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:13 PM

I had the problem of driver side blowing hot while passenger is cold... pulled all the AC fuses for about 20 minutes and AC went back to normal. So far the problem has never came back.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement