PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:26 PM

First off, thank you all for the information here.

I was quoted $1700 for 2 actuators (driver and passenger ones) by the dealer, so I started reading and decided to tackle the job myself. I am halfway fixed for $200 and about 3 hours of my time.

Driver's actuator on lower passenger floorboard was a breeze. I recalibrated and got ice cold air on that side immediately.

The one for the passenger side, up in the dash is an excercise in masochism. Damn it.

Any tips for this one, or anything else I can disassemble to make accces easier? I cannot get the screw out on the console side out. My box wrench must be too big because I have no room to move. A socket wont work because I cant get on it, to turn it.

What have you guys used?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 AM

I just used the box side of a tiny wrench, forget what size its been a while but that did the job on this one. Its tight but it worked. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM

ACDelco 15-73596 Heater and A/C Mode Door Actuator for the driver side.
I just bought one on Amazon.com for $35.98 + shipping
Mocart4u

Originally Posted by TBarrow
I posted this on some other sites and just joined here and wanted to let you know some more details on the Blend Door Actuators. I bought my part through XL Parts and it was around $8x.xx I will look up the number and it is a ACDelco.

It is the blower door actuator. The HVAC system under the passengers dash, to access it remove the cover below the glove compartment, 2 screws. The drivers blower door actuator motor is closest to the transmission tunnel and is held in place with 2 screws. The Passenger blower door actuator is directly above it on the TOP of the housing. Remove the glove compartment and you can get to it on the top of the HVAC system. Reach up and unplug it and plug it back in first. if it does not correct it you will need to replace it. It is not an easy job since most of the dash must be removed. Start by removing all the decorative allen bolts accross the dash. The center section can be pulled forward an inch or so. This will allow you to remove the trim around the speedometer cluster and drivers a/c vent. The passengers side is a little tricky. You need to remove the side panel that rests up against the door panel. Shine a light in at the upper left corner and you will see a white button aprox 1/8" wide and 1/2" tall this needs to be pushed in with a flat blad screwdriver while gently pulling out on the passenger grab bar(above the airbag). The second white button can be reached throught the far left glove compartment opening. I reached up and pushed in on the white button on this side while pulling out on the handle. This will allow the handle to be removed and the trim peices following. You can now see the screws that hold the upper dash cover there are aprox 3 screws on the driver and passenger side. You also have 2 in the center behind the center trim piece pull forward an inch or so and a 1/4" drive socket will get to the screws here. It then just pulls straight forward NOT UP. and don't forget to unplug the sun sensor on the dash. I removed the clip holding the duct work you will now see is connected to the backside of the dash passengers side. I resecured it from the outside when reassembling. The acctuator can be gotten to and replaced. It is still tight but I did not have to take it to the dealer. The part from the dealer is 237.xx check with gmpartsdirect.com for pricing shipped to you. You have 3 actuators on the H2 Drivers side, Passenges side, and recirculate. I would suggest whil you are under the dash remove the blower motor (3 screws and clean out the fan shoot some compressed air in to get any other dust out.)I just did this to mine today.

I know it would be better with pictures but I forgot to take them. email me if you need any clarification. mtoddbarrow@gmail.com

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Smile H2 Hummer blend door actuator for the driver side

I just purchased this driver side blend door actuator (ACDelco 15-73596) on Amazon.com for less than $36.00 + Shipping.

I hope this helps all of you H2 Hummer owners.

Regards,
Mocart4u,

Old 09-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mocart4u
I just purchased this driver side blend door actuator (ACDelco 15-73596) on Amazon.com for less than $36.00 + Shipping.

I hope this helps all of you H2 Hummer owners.

Regards,
Mocart4u,

or You can purchase all 3 actuators for less than $100 + shipping

Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 PM

So looks like I'm the next one to be a pain in the a$$. Towards the end of the summer my ac cacked. So I thought. Noticed it wasn't working as well as blowing hot air on my feet. So I read this thread and would get around to it there were other fixes that superseded this one. Tonight it's cold and I've got no heat on my feet.

Which actuator am I replacing and which location is it?
Thanks

Last edited by madmayo; 10-08-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 03-07-2015, 02:29 AM

here is a question for the actuators experts . im in the proces of replacing my blower and resistor not too long ago i started to notice a sound coming from the back right of my radio and was wondering if this could be a bad actuator . see the video on the link ...
remenber i dont have my blower or resistor pluged in at all and this sound comes on soon as i start the 2 ..

Old 03-07-2015, 07:27 AM

Yes that sounds like an accuator

Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 AM

That could be. I have never heard one that loud. If that is it it sounds as if it is sticking in one area. Can you adjust from hot to cold? If you open the actuator up it is always the same large gear that breaks. There is a replacement gear out of a better material that has proven it self not to break. I just replaced my upper for the second time last week. The best price on the actuators is on Amazon right now.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:12 PM

thanks for the replys now that i know where the actuator is i just went out and notice that it is coming from the lower actuator on the passenger side but even if i unplug the cable the sound does not stop wonder why ????? keep in mind i dont have a fan or a resistor pluged in ...

Last edited by hmer; 03-07-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuator Replacement