PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best H2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Default Best H2 Supercharger

I know this isthe a matter of opinion, but I will ask anyway. What do you feel is the best supercharger for the H2? I've seen Vortech, ATI, and Magnuson have kits. Please help.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 PM

All 3 of those are tried and true companies. If it were me I would go with a Maggie personally. Although Vortec is also very tempting.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 PM

Thanks LoJac what would your reasoning be for choosing the maggie?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:03 PM

I guess because its a root type SC. When I had my GTO most people ran root type SC's over the latter. Although a few did run procharger and 1 guy had a vortec and they put down some crazy numbers. Like I said, all 3 are great companies and I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

The procharger and vortec would be a much easier install as opposed to removing the upper intake mani and everything for the Maggie.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:17 AM

If you do decide to go with a supercharger please have your transmission rebuilt to handle the additional stress you will be putting on it. The h2 is extremely heavy and the additional power will only create issues down the road. We all know if you have the power you will use it, so some pm before will be well worth the additional expense earlier.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

MOVED from the Drivetrain Area ..... where it says: "This section is an archive of older posts, please post new questions in the specific model section. Thank you! "

A friend has an 6.0L H2 with a MagnaCharger SC, really sweet HD custom built Trans, still has cooked it 3 times or so. He does not baby it.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 PM

Hands down 100% Maggie.
I have a maggie in my Vette and though it might not produce the high power numbers that a centrifugal type s/c will produce, it also will do one thing better... produce power faster.

My maggie tops my Vette out at 600 rwhp, but the power is on the minute I hit the gas. Plus the torque factor is better too.

A Centri will work more like a turbo. It will allow you to create HIGH hp, but the Torque will not be as the maggie, and the power wont be instant.
(Dont get me wrong, it definitely is better then a turbo in the lag and power production, but....)

If I could maggie my H2 right now I would. And here is why:
I have an 03 H2. I stomp on the gas to pass or to get on the interstate and it acts like I am pulling 10,000 lbs of weight. The engine just drinks gas and eventually I am into the power band I need to be. With a maggie, I will have more response and will have more power to move that beast. Plus there is a good chance that with the maggie your gas mileage will increase. Now, if you want some good get up and go..... put in a set of gears and you are ready to tackle anything.
Given I am not saying that you want to turn your H2 into a sports car, just saying your rig will not be the slow turtle any more.

Also, badss98 is 100000000% right.... have your tranny reworked or replace with a different one. The stock tranny will start yelling help real quick, and before you even hear it.... BOOM!

Hope this helps

Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Make sure if you do go with the Magnusson that you get a better torque converter installed. even if you don't do the trans right away. the reason my trans failed at 100k was the torque converter. I tow with mine so the Maggie was the way to go with the heat exchanger and power all along the rpm range. I also ended up replacing the stock radiator with a becool double row and adding another b&m Trans Cooler System to the stock one. Heat issues are gone. I haven't been able the get the engine above 203 degrees no matter what I put it through.

It will help with your gas mileage as well if your not on the throttle 24/7. it just builds power better so you don't have to give it as much gas as before.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:19 PM

^great points. I've used BeCool in the past and their aluminum radiators are some of the best I have ever seen and their pricing is pretty dang good compared to others on the market as well!

Old 06-21-2014, 11:55 AM

Thank you for all the help, H2canepadesign which torque converter set up did you go with? My 05 has 97k right now.

Quick Reply: Best H2 Supercharger