PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARGH!!! My H2 has start auto shifting into Netural mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Default ARGH!!! My H2 has start auto shifting into Netural mode

All,

I noticed in the past couple of days that when I started driving my 2003 H2 that the Red Neutural light is turned. By default its always on Up 4 gear mode right? now I see the red neutural mode light right above my low 4 mode is turned on. This is not happenings everytime I drive the H2 but have seen it happen at least 10 times in the past few days...any thoughts what might be going on??? my warranty just ran out on my 03 H2 and everytime i take it to the dealer they wanna charge an arm and a leg for inspections and etc...

I would appriceate your help....

Thanks[/align]

Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Default RE: ARGH!!! My H2 has start auto shifting into Netural mode

without some kind of code, it's hard to troubleshoot what the problem may be. if you could get a code reader, that might pinpoint where the problem is. there are multiple error codes for the transfer case, but nothing that specifically mentions your issue.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Wonder when that tcase was maintained last ... when I had problems with mine it would flip flop back and forth between 4hi and 4hi lock but it did slip in to neutral once too ... have had zero issues with it since I had it in and got that nasty crap posing as fluids replaced ...

Old 04-10-2007, 03:23 AM

so the red light comes on indicating that the car is in neutral transfer case mode....I am not doing any of the combinations stated in the pfd file stated to put the gears in neutural...so the red light comes on and I feel like the car slips a bit... e.g. driving in free way about 50mph then let go of gas and give it gas...it tries to engage but takes it a few moments to pick up feels like the rev goes up but the gears dont want to engage....
I am totally lost =( damn hummer dealer just did an all fluid change on my car last week...and after that feels worse now and actually the red neutural light issue has been happening since then...also found out my transfer case bolt was hand tighten when they worked on the car..not sure what to do now...any advise?
thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 09:20 PM

My 2005 just started having the same problem this weekend. The red Neutral light is on sometimes on, but does not affect the drive of the vehicle.
Is it a simple problem or is the Tcase actual shifting. Today I tried to shift it from neutral to 4 Hi but it wouldn't stick. Then the next time I drove it was okay.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 AM

it was going to cost over $1700 and warranty was saying its wear and tear and not covered...I ended up selling the beast....

Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM

What did they tell you was wrong with your H2? I better check my warranty.
Ifound another posting where a guy had the same auto-shifting problem. The dealer finally figured out thatproblem was that the T-case actuator needed to be replaced. Total cost around $600.00 (parts & labor) and covered on warranty. The link to the post is below, just click on it and it will take you there.

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_60478/tm.htm

Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 PM

Just got my H2 fixed. It was the T-case actuator, which was covered under warranty. Since I have 50,000 miles on the H2, I also had them change the T case, differental, and autotrans fluids.
Total cost $420.00

Much smoother ride - no vibrations and very quiet.