PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apparently we are all “stupid and a total embarrassment”

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Default Apparently we are all “stupid and a total embarrassment”

The Hummer H2 Is the Most Embarrassing Car You Can Buy - Autotrader

Feel free and blast on this Jay Leno wanna-be

Old 03-04-2017, 01:33 PM

at least he explained how the h2 isn't a Tahoe

Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Yeah so embarrassing. That is why I see a a bunch of them driving around on the streets.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:57 PM

This explains a lot about the guy that wrote it..." He once owned a Nissan Cube "

Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 AM

What a BS story. The H2 is really comfy. Very capable and still commands top dollar. I had someone ask if mine was for sale the other day.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:35 AM

I saw this & actually replied.

I honestly believe he set out to find the worst riding/kept H2 out there that looked okay on the outside as an argument for how "terrible" H2s are.

His argument just just nonsensical. What he said about the lack of CITS is laughable. They have high failure rates, from what I've read. There were probably DOT implications against putting them on back then (or even now) as well. The loose shifter could be tightened. To act as if that's normal is just BS. There's other things going on, but you get my point.

I've seen his other videos. He's a typical car enthusiast that really dislikes anything that's not sporty. He also had a video on an H1 that was pointless. The guy never took either rig offroad. He also failed to understand that the side steps are removable so if you do want to offroad, you have the clearance.

If you read the responses, there are a lot of people naming more embarrassing cars. He's just another hater. The more I read comments on his other videos, the more I realize that he misses the mark every time & just acts like an idiot to get views.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Fake news!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 AM

AutoTrader should consider that idiot a stupid and total embarrassment. As mentioned, the H2 he drove was a very obviously unloved and not well taken care of example. My shifter handle does not do that, that one just needs to be tightened. I have no squeaks and rattles inside, I did have one on the rear pass side door, pulled the panel and tightened everything up and added some felt tape in a few key areas and its gone. Those big handles on the hood are for opening and closing the hood (on an H1, yes they can also be used to lift the front of the truck).

I've only had my H2 for a couple of months now but I see it as the Trump of vehicles. Half the population (liberals and snowflakes) irrationally and absolutely hate everything about a Hummer and will not be convinced otherwise. The fact that other vehicles like the Excursions are just as bad on fuel economy and size does not matter. Yes, the H2 is almost the epitome of the early 2000's American excess. The economy at the time was great, fuel prices were down, and over the top was in. Does it get terrible fuel economy? Yes, absolutely horrible! Is it tall, wide, and not the easiest vehicle to see out of? Yes! Does it drive and perform like a small car? Of course not, look at the size of it! Does my GMC pickup with the 5.3 engine do much better? No, averaging around 14mpg in that is not really significantly better. Nor are most any other larger truck or SUV made before around 2010. Should old classic cars never be restored or driven again because they are older and not as efficient as new models? Of course not. You know whats under that pleather on the dash and panels of your other brand car? Plastic. That brand just went ahead and covered it with vinyl for you. ALL cars and trucks have TONS of plastic. Nearly ALL cars have some style element that is based on a functionality but is not actually functional. Front fender vents anyone? Non functional hood scoops, fake rear side vents, fake dual exhaust, etc. Very often styling elements are added to vehicles simply because it looks cool. I'm good with that.

I knew all of this buying it. I personally LOVE that some people simply hate my H2. It makes me laugh and makes me happy. Since I've had it I've had plenty of people make positive comments, wave, give me a thumbs up, etc. I had one lady in a Prius give me the one finger salute. That made my day!

My H2 is comfy, luxurious, runs and drives excellent for what it is. I enjoy it and and I like it and that is all that matters.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 AM

Trolls are worse than rabbits and roaches, the way they replicate and mutate into other forms. This guy is yet another mutation.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Cool Laughable!

The majority of people who own a Hummer own one for a reason. I'm sure there are some folks who buy them thinking it makes them "look cool"...but any real enthusiast who owns one knows exactly what they were getting when they bought it. I've never had one person knock me for having mine...in fact I get compliments on mine regularly. I too get a kick out of people and their negative reactions to Hummers. Makes me smirk. Am I the only one who thought this guy has a very "punch able" face though?

Quick Reply: Apparently we are all “stupid and a total embarrassment”