PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install a electric fan yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Anyone install a electric fan yet?

Ebay has them for 350. I am gonna save up and buy the kit. I will let you guys know the results.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 PM

if you see them on eby, post a link, save us lazy guys from seaching

Old 04-22-2008, 01:25 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flex-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM

that one is remanufactured, not sure how I would feel about putting that on my truck, anyways let us know how ti works out for ya.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 AM

I have the flex a lites that arepictured above. Can't tell you the performance difference becuase I installed them with my supercharger, but they work very well to keep the temp down. I installed a lower thermostat and my truck hardly ever gets over 180.
Alot of people are using the electric fans from the newer 2500 series, they have a little different design. Nelson performance sells a wiring harness for either that can be tied into your ECM to run them.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM

Use 2005 GM 2500HD pickup truck shroud (comes with dual motors already on it) and fans or use 2008 H2 parts. Like Tim said, get the Nelson performance wiring harness, but you will ECM programming to activate the electric fan support from ECM. Diablo Predator programmer supports electric fans within their handlheld, but you need to request updated map from techs (Mike) on their forum to enable the power to the wiring harness pins. Several have done this mod sucessfully. Adds 15-19hp as well as rids your H2 from the roaring sound.

The Nelson harness has wire for manual switch overide of fans for high water

Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: ttkresurfacing

I have the flex a lites that arepictured above. Can't tell you the performance difference becuase I installed them with my supercharger, but they work very well to keep the temp down. I installed a lower thermostat and my truck hardly ever gets over 180.
Alot of people are using the electric fans from the newer 2500 series, they have a little different design. Nelson performance sells a wiring harness for either that can be tied into your ECM to run them.

Hope that helps.

Tim
Tim, you got a photo of what it looks like installed in your Truck??

Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM

I'll try to snap one in the next day or so...

TIm

Old 04-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Thanks Tim, we love photos and they help too!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM

On my list to do. FYI.
2500 HD fan kit - Flexlite

listed as chevrolet parts:

shroud: GM 89023365

motor: GM 89023368 [need 2]
ACD 15-80551

Blade: GM 89023366 [need 2]
ACD 15-80682

if you need the connector: GM 88987983 [need 2]
ACD # PT1767
$481 with shipping
Nelson Performance wiring harness $100 w/shipping

Dual Electric Cooling Fans Installation.

1) Take off the top section of FAN shroud. Try to remember how the fan shroud comes off as the new shroud with the motors in it will go back on in a similar manor.

2) Remove the mechanical fan. Just use a large crescent and put it over the nut behind of the mechanical fan and give the crescent a real quick hard hit with a metal hammer and it will jump loose and then you can take it off. It is a reversed thread, I think I remember right.

3) Remove the bottom half of the FAN shroud as new fans will no longer be needing the shroud. The new shroud with electric fans built into the new shroud just bolt back up to the same place except there will be some holes marked on the new shroud and drilled to mount the new shroud.

4) Cut approximately 18" section out of 2 tranny?? metal lines looking from the front looking down at metal line in the bottom RH side of radiator.

5) Be sure to cut tranny?? lines even with radiator or back towards the fire wall but, in an area so that You will have room to clamp in the 2 rubber hoses that will slip onto the tranny lines that will allow you to move tranny?? line over enough to install electric fan with it's shroud unit. You need to cut enough extra rubber hose so that it has room to move and not blow the rubber hoses off.

6) Line up new fans at the bottom and hook them over the lip of the bottom of radiator support and just let the grips on the shroud rest itself on radiator lip just like the old fan shroud was resting on the bottom lip. Move the fans around till they look balanced on the radiator then mark the holes at the top where old shroud bolted to radiator. Mark holes through the attached thread hole in the radiator support.. Try to reach through and measure straight and level through to get mark to drill new holes in the electric shroud. Do it carefully as You get one chance to do it right or You start drilling other holes and abandoning the hole in the support that was intended to be the nut for Your old bolts and go through the new shroud with a rubber washer under the head of the bolts and a rubber washer between the radiator and the new shroud. This will keep vibration to a minimum and prevent the new shroud from being damaged when You tighten down the bolt. Be careful when You do tighten the bolts down.

7) Now You are ready to install wiring harness from Allen Nelson Performance as per the instructions He sends with the harness.

NELSON PERFORMANCE $89.00 + SHIPPING

Quick Reply: Anyone install a electric fan yet?