PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Address The Fan Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Default Anyone Address The Fan Issue

I always wondered what the noise was coming from my Escalade, then I got to Iraq and all the Tahoes,Suburbans and Yukons we drive also made the same noise. Then I got the H2 and yet that noise has appeared again. After some research I read that it had been an issue from 03-07 and that they had finally addressed and fixed the problem with the 08`s. Its not that much of an annoyance but if someone has swapped it out for another type of Fan or if the 08 is compatible please but in your thoughts. Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Anyone Address The Fan Issue

THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH FAN..... YOUR INIRAQ IN THE SERVICE? IF SO THANK YOU. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM

What noise are we talking about?

Old 09-13-2007, 06:56 AM

The loud wooshing noise that comes from the engine when it sits a little too long, like in a drive thru or just in park and then you go to drive off. The article I read stated the noise was from the fan and I already knew the same noise because like I said everything GM with a 6.0 in Iraq I have driven makes that same noise and so does my Escalade back home. Yes Camaro I am in Baghdad Camp Victory and thanks.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 AM

Ahhhh. Now I know what you mean. That roaring sound drives me nuts.

As soon as that fan clutch locks up, it's loud! I have been thinking about putting duel fans on mine and getting rid of the stock one.

Where did you get the info? So I can let the dealer see it, and maybe get it fixed.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 AM

It was in this magazine issue of FOUR WHEELER it was talking about all the upgrades of the 08`s and all the bugs that they had to work out, and it also said they were going to the diesel in the H2`s [:@]bought mine too soon

Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

My Bro Tim just shipped home from Baghdad Aug. 23, 2007. Not a scratch, you do the same please. [sm=smiley20.gif] The noise is the clutch fan, like blackstangs said, and I didn't know it was an "issue". The clutch locks base upon temperature. I don't have to tell you, it's hot in Iraq and them fans be a whalin! Here, not so much, but they are noisy. In Michigan, don't hear em half the year so no biggy No doubt electric fans would nearly eliminate that noise. Be safe and enjoy the forum!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:58 PM

As far as I know all vehicles with the older style mechanical fans do this.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:26 PM

Right thats what the articel said 02-07 6.0l all have it, I live down in GA and when I was recently home on leave is when I got my H2 and sure enough the first trip I took that familiar noise came back like my escalade makes. Did the 08`s got to the 6.2L`s? I know my SS has an LS1 with LS6 heads and LS2 intake so maybe if everything on it can be swapped around the new fan in the 08`s can maybe be thrown into the H2 and maybe the Escalade. I know it bugs me but thats only because I hear it in both vehicles a lot. Thanks again for the thank you`s and be safes.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 PM

Yeah...I got Nuthin'!!![8D]

Quick Reply: Anyone Address The Fan Issue