Any problems with front windshield? - Page 4 - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Go Back  Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H2
Reload this Page >

Any problems with front windshield?

Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Any problems with front windshield?

Old 02-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Default RE: Any problems with front windshield?

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Mikeymike..Sorry, I can't help you with your question..but just little off topic here...
Do you realize that you just compounded and exponentially increase the number of members named MIKE on this board???[&:]..It's mind boggling

Welcome
Their like rabbits! They just keep coming from everywhere.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Mikeymike..Sorry, I can't help you with your question..but just little off topic here...
Do you realize that you just compounded and exponentially increase the number of members named MIKE on this board???[&:]..It's mind boggling

Welcome

Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Welcome
So that's how they make Easter eggs. Name:  7af892a4.gif
Views: 6
Size:  206 Bytes

Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Default RE: Rattling/flapping noise coming from the windshield area

ORIGINAL: Calgary

RE: "The dealer R&R'd both outside pillar post covers, added some 3M automotive adhesive, and voila...problem rectified."

I have the exact same problem. Can you attempt to describe in more detail what the dealer did? Is the 3m adhesive a tape or a glue? Did he put the adhesive between the glass and the pillar cover in order to hold the cover down, or to absorb the vibration between the cover and the glass?

Any more information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Well, from what I was advised, the dealershipremoved the pillar post covers, added 3M automotive adhesive tape to the underside of each, and then re-affixed them back onto the pillars. BTW, after taking part in my dealer's'Hummer Happening' this past weekend in Borrego Springs, CA (which included some pretty rough terrain, as well as a tight steep twisty rocky climb to an abandoned Calcite mine) the pillar covers remained properly adhered, as subsequent highway/freewaydriving was still as quite as it was since the dealership rectifed the problem. Name:  3b824e7e.gif
Views: 5
Size:  2.3 KB

Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Xtreme

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Welcome
So that's how they make Easter eggs.
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Default RE: Rattling/flapping noise coming from the windshield area

Xtreme, thanks for the response.

When it finally warms up enough around here to go out and take those pillar covers off, I'll give that a try, and if it works, I'll post a detailed "How To" on the procedure.

Calgary

Old 07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Default roof center console

what size bolts hold the roof center console up, i cant see in the holes. If I could remove it I think I could find my leak. It looks like all I need to do after that is remove the sunvisors to pull down the headliner enought to see if its my marker lights that are leaking.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 AM

If you have a leak i would be willing to bet the water is comming in through your marker lights on the roof. Remove them and put down a small bead of rtv silicone and replace..

I am willing to bet your problem will be solved...