PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any problems with front windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Default Any problems with front windshield?

I have had this probelm 4 times going on 5, I still have to pick up my car from dealer. The first time it was making air noise through the windshield, then it was water leaking into the car from windshield. If anyone has had this problem let me know, Im trying for the lemon law but gm corp is not helping me out. Looking for a good lawyer.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Default RE: Any problems with front windshield?

I have had the same problem, however no water leak. As far as the noise it coming from the vertical black rubber molding that is on each side of the windshield. To stop the noise I wedged small pieces of flat rubber between the molding and the windshield and trimed it so that it cannot be seen. The delaership may now have a better solution, however this was cheaper (free).
You may have more of a problem if its leaking water, but I would try this and see if the noise stops.

Good luck,

Rick

Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Jackie

I have had this probelm 4 times going on 5, I still have to pick up my car from dealer. The first time it was making air noise through the windshield, then it was water leaking into the car from windshield. If anyone has had this problem let me know, Im trying for the lemon law but gm corp is not helping me out. Looking for a good lawyer.
I only count two....[sm=dontgetit.gif]....

Old 01-14-2007, 12:47 AM

to be completly specific the first time for noise, second time water, third time water, fourth time water, and firth time still have not gotten car back.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:03 AM

3rd times the charm then[&:]...Lemon Law requires 3 times for the same problem..Good luck

Old 01-14-2007, 05:53 AM

About the only noise we had experienced with our H2was a rattling noise when the sunroof air deflectorcame into contact with the overhead lightbar. This was simply alleviated by adding some 3M automotive tape between the deflector and the lightbar; thus, simply securing them together.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-14-2007, 06:12 AM

The only problem I've had with my windshield is SEEING with all my BLING BLINDING me!! Name:  worship_H2.gif
Views: 422
Size:  41.9 KB

RAYBANS.....Don't leave home without 'em!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:54 PM

leaks are a bitch to fix around the windshield. the molding is really tight against the body, and getting sealant in there is tough. i found mine by spraying soapy water behind the molding on top, pulled the headliner down inside and used a compressor at about 40lbs to blow air against the seal from inside. where the bubbles start forming is where your leak is. you've got to clean the area really well to get the sealant to adhere, took me about 4 tries, but i finally sealed the leak. and, it may not be your windshield leaking. the marker lights on the roof could be leaking, or it could be a clogged drain hose for the sunroof. the wind noise is easily remedied with double sided tape on the 2 a-arm outer moldings.

good luck with the lemon law idea, not sure a leaking windshield is what the law was meant to cover, but lawyers can twist anything to suit their needs, as long as it puts money in their pockets.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:27 PM

Just got mine back from the dealer after having taken it in for a horrible loud clatter when you hit any speed over about 70 mph. Turns out the same type problem that was described earlier air flowing between the windshield and the side moldings. My dealer pulled the side moldings off and added additional insulation between the molding and the windshield. Seems to have cleared the miserable noise up with no problem.

As far as leaking, I am not sure where yours is coming from but I understand the front cab lights come out very easy and are notorious for letting water in. This water can run along the windshield and/or headliner and come out dripping on the dash.

Just something to check.

Good luck w/ everything. - T

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM

No not yet.

Quick Reply: Any problems with front windshield?