PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air ride suspension fix?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Question Air ride suspension fix?

I was told that our (those of us that have air ride suspension) air suspension hoses are 1/4" O.D. - is this true?

If so - I have heard of folks on other GM SUV types with this same system purchasing a union T (1/4") and joining the hoses for each air spring and the cargo compartment Schrader valve (originally used as an inflator valve) - essentially bypassing the compressor and module. In doing so - allowing the owner to manually manipulate the pressure in the air springs through what used to be the compressor Schrader valve outlet.

I do not see why it would not work...

Any thoughts?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 AM

I know your post is old, but wanted to give you some info I found working on my own H2. The air lines on the H2 are 6mm OD. Push / pull / o-ring style connectors are used on the air bags and at the air compressor solenoid block (and other connections). You could make the changes you state, but you would have to make sure you didnt over pressurize the air bags and lines when filling from the schrader valve. I believe the schrader valve in the cargo area is a different diameter, compared to the one on a tire. I tired to put a standard valve cover cap on it and it was too big. Good luck!