PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioning re-circulation switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Default Air conditioning re-circulation switch

When you have the AC on and push the switch to just re-circulate the inside air, if you shut-off the ignition the switch is reset, when you restart the engine. You have to push the switch again to re-circulate the air again. Some GM products work this way ( Hummer, Chevy, etc.) while others like Pontiac leave it in the recirculate postion. This is a pain if you live in a hot climate.

Does anyone know a way to chnge the difault to always stay in recirculate mode

Old 06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Default RE: Air conditioning re-circulation switch

Set you AC Setting how you want them while in Park. Then Hold your memory button down while the AC is recyculating and set it. That should work.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HumminNBoatin

Set you AC Setting how you want them while in Park. Then Hold your memory button down while the AC is recyculating and set it. That should work.
Never thought of that???? Wonder if it'll work???

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 PM

I thought the memory button was just for mirrors and seat?
I never quite understood the recirc button, what exactly does it do?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 AM

It re-circulates the air INSIDE the truck as opposed to bringing in air from outside.

I think that's right??

Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

It re-circulates the air INSIDE the truck as opposed to bringing in air from outside.

I think that's right??
I guess i dont uderstand whats the pros and cons are of this feature. I guess if your in a dusty environment you wouldnt pull in the dustyoutside air? But I would also think that using the same air over and over would become stale, like the air in an airplane, not very healthy. I'll have to read the manual on this feature.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 PM

I think it's also if you're in a HOT environment, instead of your Rig having to COOL OFF the hot, outside air, it just re-circulates th COOLER inside air??

Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 PM

I think it's also if you're in a HOT environment, instead of your Rig having to COOL OFF the hot, outside air, it just re-circulates th COOLER inside air??

Thats exactly what recirc is for. It will cool down quicker and get colder overall. The a/c compressor doesnt have to cycle on as much either (depending on which setting you have it on). Max tends to keep the compressor engaged all the time. Whereas one of the other a/c settings cycle it off and on when needed.

The downfall to recirc is the air can sometimes cause a musty smell if used all the time becaue it is reusing the same air all the time and not bringing in fresh air from the outside. But I have never had that happen.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Marauder

Thats exactly what recirc is for. It will cool down quicker and get colder overall. The a/c compressor doesnt have to cycle on as much either (depending on which setting you have it on). Max tends to keep the compressor engaged all the time. Whereas one of the other a/c settings cycle it off and on when needed.

The downfall to recirc is the air can sometimes cause a musty smell if used all the time becaue it is reusing the same air all the time and not bringing in fresh air from the outside. But I have never had that happen.
AWESOME!! I actually DID Know SOMETHING!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 PM

The idea of holding the 'memory button' while in park does not seem to work on my 2006 H2. I have used recirculate in many vehicles over the years when very hot for the extra cooling. I have never hd a problem with a stale, stuffy, etc. smell developing.

Quick Reply: Air conditioning re-circulation switch