PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air bags removed and rear tire inflator accessory

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Default Air bags removed and rear tire inflator accessory

Hello,
FIrst off I did search..
I bought this 03 Hummer H2 with coil springs installed.
I had the service suspension warning that I was able to turn off by unplugging the compressor in the rear and removing a relay located by the driver front tire.

My question is can I still use the compressor for the tire inflator accessory located on my passenger rear panel??

I am pretty handy and can figure most things out however this one has got me.
If i plug the compressor back in i get the "service suspension" warning.

Does anyone have a link that I can follow to make this accessory work again??

Should I just get another compressor and try to wire it all up?

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:23 PM

I know it goes against the grain of what most people do but I'd put air bags back on it myself. Then again that depends on what all the prior owner did in removing them. If the sensors and all are ripped out too then it might be a project.

Most say the air bags will eventually fail and cause problems, etc. Most however that I am aware of lasted well over 10 years and they do give a superior ride and have some other perks. If the compressor works and everything else is there.... replacement air springs are more expensive and yes, they will wear out faster than steel springs but they are not that expensive. About $110 each online.

If the compressor is shot though, then that is a different story. That does cost a good bit to replace since they typically sell the entire platform with the compressor and everything else attached to the shelf. I'd think you could replace just the compressor itself though or also find a way to just power the compressor to run the accessory port (might have to find a way to plug the air lines that went to the air springs).

Old 06-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I know it goes against the grain of what most people do but I'd put air bags back on it myself. Then again that depends on what all the prior owner did in removing them. If the sensors and all are ripped out too then it might be a project.

Most say the air bags will eventually fail and cause problems, etc. Most however that I am aware of lasted well over 10 years and they do give a superior ride and have some other perks. If the compressor works and everything else is there.... replacement air springs are more expensive and yes, they will wear out faster than steel springs but they are not that expensive. About $110 each online.

If the compressor is shot though, then that is a different story. That does cost a good bit to replace since they typically sell the entire platform with the compressor and everything else attached to the shelf. I'd think you could replace just the compressor itself though or also find a way to just power the compressor to run the accessory port (might have to find a way to plug the air lines that went to the air springs).
Maybe i was not clear.. I do not want airbags or want to install them. I just want to use the stock compressor and use my tire inflator accessory.

Which leads me to finding a way to power the stock compressor to get it working again without the suspension light.
someone should have done this already ..right?

Old 06-01-2017, 10:05 PM

What about just running a new 12v wire from the battery or fuse panel to the compressor switch, and bypass the original harness altogether? Even using a schematic, it may be difficult to avoid that suspension light using original wiring...