PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

After 1 mo...the good stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Default After 1 mo...the good stuff

1. Big tonka toy that runs eveything over

Old 10-20-2016, 10:35 PM

1. Big tonka toy that runs everything over
>>>>>speed bumps and dips are hardly noticed
2. Regular unleaded gasoline
3. Huge sunroof
4. Electronic retractable steps
5. Son's car seat fits just fine in center
6. Wifey likes the ride
7. The drumming/humming sound from big tires isn't really that bad
8. Quite a plethora of info on failures/repairs/improvements
9. 7-8mpg in the city....not 5mph...waaahooooo!
10. DRLs work

Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 AM

Glad you like it. My H2 is my favorite vehicle I have ever had and I have had a lot.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:06 AM

11. Great road presence
12. Very good visibility through windshield
13. Comfortable seats despite 207,xxx miles
14. Freezing cold A/C
15. Relatively easy to drive despite size
16. Shorter in length than my truck...fits better in shop
17. More torquey than I expected
18. Express down on all windows including back window
19. Bose stereo is super loud (more than other Bose I have had....haven't found any stereo mods yet)
20. Very easy to find in the park lot

Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Next, these are the few, little mods I have completed:

Old 10-21-2016, 10:47 AM

1. Interior LED conversion
2. DRL led conversion
3. Brake light, reverse light, license plate light LED conversion
4. New tint front driver/passenger
5. A ton of "plastic refinisher"

Old 10-21-2016, 11:25 AM

6. Cranked up torsion keys to level out rake
7. Wash/wax of course
8. New ignition...now I have 2

Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 AM

8. New ignition key...not actual ignition cylinder...now I have 2 keys

Old 10-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Now for the lengthy list of repairs/inspections/stuff:

Old 10-21-2016, 12:06 PM

1. Rear main seal replacement - more on this later
2. New windshield wipers...decided to go with 22" instead of 17" since I already had a set laying around

3. Gear shift stuck/cannot move out of park....considered the broken wire underneath it, considered brake lights, considered solenoid in the gear selector, considered ignition switch, considered solenoid in steering column.....<<<<The fix: adjusting the placement of the handle. When you loosen the screw on the shifter handle, you can move the handle up or down. Out of frustration and trying to pull the handle off...wasn't able to remove it....I began to lift and lower the handle and press the button simultaneously. One of those times the button pressed in and I realize the height of the handle itself affected the button. So I messed with it lots and found the sweet spot. I have tried the "fix" several times over the course of several days and the gear shifter actually shifts better than when I got the vehicle 1 month ago. I'm still keeping the allen wrench and screw driver in the h2 just in case I have to attempt the fix in the future.

4. I ended up changing out the ignition switch prior to realizing the adjustment to the height of the shifter handle. I was hoping the new ignition switch would fix another problem the H2 has...the battery light and gear selector indicator stay on if you do not ensure the key has been turned ALL the way back. Even when you take the key out, if you touch the outside black plastic housing on the ignition cylinder and move it forward, the battery light and gear selector indicator come on. A new ignition switch did NOT remedy this. So, I took the new one out and put in the old one. FYI, I did not have to reprogram/learn/anything like that when I changed out the ignition switch. It was a simple plug n play. No dealer intervention. No OBDII. None of that. Just some elbow grease and contorting my back in strange ways to properly access the ignition switch.

5. Beneath the vehicle, near the transmission is a line...a gear selector line/wire. The end of this cable has a black plastic housing with "DURAN" imprinted on it. The very end has a hole with a plastic fitting/bushing. Well, after 207,xxx miles the plastic fitting broke/crumbled/disintegrated. Mind you, I just got this thing 1 ago. Since this broke, I can't switch gears. As a result, I purchased a replacement shift cable bushing off of ebay. Shift Cable bushing Trailblazer Cavalier Hummer Rainier Ascender HHR Saab 14055 | eBay

Although this bushing breaking has the H2 immobilized, it sure made the transmission removal a breeze!

6. New panel clips for all of the doors...all kinds of rattles. The door panels are barely hanging on b/c the panel clips are old and worn and strangely enough...too short to properly keep the panel on the door frame. Haven't changed them out yet though.

7. New Autolite Iridium plugs through Amazon
8. New AC Delco wires...part # 9748HH.
I bought the wires that are 10.5" in length. I have square/rectangular coil packs. Ended up buying them through Amazon. I used .040 gap on mine. The old ones I took out were gapped anywhere from .036 up to .046. Only 2 of the eight were at .040. Taking the wires off was a bit of a pain. I learned to take the top portion...the wire to the coil pack...off first, then I had more material to yank/pull the bottom portion. When I installed the new wires, I ensured both ends "snapped" into place. I heard the bottom snap into place while I felt the top ones snap into place.

9. Removed sunroof visor/plastic thing on the outside.

10. Ordered replacement bulbs for the PIAA lights
4Pcs H3 6000K Xenon Gas Halogen Headlight White Light Lamp Bulbs 55W 12V HS | eBay

Quick Reply: After 1 mo...the good stuff