Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   2008 Hummer H2 mirror adjustment motor replacement (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/2008-hummer-h2-mirror-adjustment-motor-replacement-30899/)

Deerhunter56 05-30-2013 09:48 PM

2008 Hummer H2 mirror adjustment motor replacement

OK GUYS!!!!

this will save you guys with 2008 and 2009 hummer h2's a lot of misery if ur lookin to fix ur driver side and or passenger side mirror motors which have partial or no adjustment activity at all. (THS IS NOT THE MIRROR FOLD FIX)

My driver side mirror lost complete adjustment and my passenger mirror lost up and down adjustment. If you are a 2008 2009 h2 owner you are in luck!!!!

I learned the hard way from hummer forums showing the fix for the 2005 etc and they clearly are not the same fix for the 2008 etc. There was no forum describing the mirror motor replacement for the 2008 etc, well hopefully from my message here there will be one going forward.

unlike the 2005, the 2008 etc does not REQUIRE THAT THE COMPLETE MIRROR ASSEMBLY BE REMOVED FROM THE DOOR!!!!! I did and what a bitch that was. The 2005 does require that the whole complete mirror assembly be remove to get at the motor.

The 2008 requires that you simple remove the actual mirror glass from the motor assembly by taking a flat screwdriver and placing it behind the glass at the inside upper part of the mirror ( there are great youtube videos on this procedure) please watch the videos. there are small plastic clips which all u need to do is pop one loose and the mirror will pop right off. once the mirror is off the round looking dial is or are the motors assembly. remove the three small screws and thats all there is to it. now finding the replacements is simple they are a standard gm part via Tahoe or escalade. they were $60 ea, they were so simple and cheap to buy i replace both the driver side and passenger side motors in about five mins it was that simple. it saved me hundreds of dollars.

hope this will clear up any confusion and put minds at ease.

dvl57 05-31-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter56 (Post 298117)
OK GUYS!!!!

this will save you guys with 2008 and 2009 hummer h2's a lot of misery if ur lookin to fix ur driver side and or passenger side mirror motors which have partial or no adjustment activity at all. (THS IS NOT THE MIRROR FOLD FIX)

My driver side mirror lost complete adjustment and my passenger mirror lost up and down adjustment. If you are a 2008 2009 h2 owner you are in luck!!!!

I learned the hard way from hummer forums showing the fix for the 2005 etc and they clearly are not the same fix for the 2008 etc. There was no forum describing the mirror motor replacement for the 2008 etc, well hopefully from my message here there will be one going forward.

unlike the 2005, the 2008 etc does not REQUIRE THAT THE COMPLETE MIRROR ASSEMBLY BE REMOVED FROM THE DOOR!!!!! I did and what a bitch that was. The 2005 does require that the whole complete mirror assembly be remove to get at the motor.

The 2008 requires that you simple remove the actual mirror glass from the motor assembly by taking a flat screwdriver and placing it behind the glass at the inside upper part of the mirror ( there are great youtube videos on this procedure) please watch the videos. there are small plastic clips which all u need to do is pop one loose and the mirror will pop right off. once the mirror is off the round looking dial is or are the motors assembly. remove the three small screws and thats all there is to it. now finding the replacements is simple they are a standard gm part via Tahoe or escalade. they were $60 ea, they were so simple and cheap to buy i replace both the driver side and passenger side motors in about five mins it was that simple. it saved me hundreds of dollars.

hope this will clear up any confusion and put minds at ease.

Again,,....many thanks! this post should have a sticky.

DL74 07-30-2013 10:39 PM

Great Post!!! This was very helpful and as easy as described. In our area (NC) is the motor around $82. I checked out several places.
Thank you!!!

jar9046 11-08-2013 01:01 PM

Yes for a 2008 Hummer 2 exterior mirror problem you can purchase the mirror motors for about $75.00 each. I takes about 10 minutes to complete the job. You do need a screwdriver with a TORX head. http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/ima...18TN16-033.JPG

KTM640Dakar 11-14-2013 10:29 PM

Great thread. Thanks

heiko592 03-20-2014 05:19 PM

part number

any way I could get the part number for drivers mirror ? thanks

jar9046 03-21-2014 12:42 PM

were to get the part

Thanks for your purchase from Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick.

The items you ordered:

Qty
Product
#
Price EA
MOTOR. Rear View Mirror - Inside & Outside
$64.43
parts@nalleyauto.com

They may ask for your VIN to ensure the part is correct for your vehicle
Nalley Buick-GMC | Brunswick & Georgia Buick GMC Dealer

jmudler 03-24-2014 06:29 PM

Does this motor (19167560) work on a 2003? I understand the install is more challenging

jar9046 03-25-2014 11:17 AM

Does the motor work for a 2003?

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think so. Believe you need to get the entire assembly. go to this site:

2003 Hummer H2 Parts - GM Parts Department: Buy genuine GM auto parts & aftermarket accessories at wholesale prices.

United Timber 04-17-2014 10:05 PM

Great thread. I purchased the motor. Exactly what type of screw holds the motor on? I can't really see the screw heads down in the recess holes. I tried different sized small Torx head screwdrivers and even different sized small Phillps head screwdrivers, but can't get a bite.