PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 H2 sluggish and not check engine light..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Default 2007 H2 sluggish and not check engine light..

I have an '07 H2 SUT that just hit 110,000 miles. Two years ago, u had the transmission rebuilt (warranty). For the past few months, I have noticed it feeling sluggish. First thing in the morning (driving around town) and when I drive the highway through the mountains to the beach, it feels like I'm towing a car. If I floor it, the transmission kicks down but it still feels like there's no power. I took it back to Chevy a week ago (who rebuilt the trans) and they said they couldn't recreate what I was trying to explain. I just dropped it off to another shop yesterday and they said the same thing. Something is obviously wrong but I have no idea what it is and there is not check engine light (no codes). I have read that it could be a list if things but I can't really afford to shotgun this.. My truck is all factory (no mods) and idles smoothly.. I feel like I'm rambling but trying give all the info..
Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks..

Old 08-13-2014, 01:03 AM

110k, maybe more engine related than tranny. Have you replaced spark plugs, wires, possibly coils, etc? Maybe just a good tune up to bring it back a little would do the trick.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
110k, maybe more engine related than tranny. Have you replaced spark plugs, wires, possibly coils, etc? Maybe just a good tune up to bring it back a little would do the trick.
No, I haven't yet. I was thinking I would jump on here first. I didn't think it would be plugs/wires since it still idles smoothly.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Compndr
No, I haven't yet. I was thinking I would jump on here first. I didn't think it would be plugs/wires since it still idles smoothly.
LoJacs right, always start with the basics a good tune-up. Plugs, wires, air & fuel filter + clean out the t-body. I like to take it one step further and clean the injectors, (no not dumping snake oil in the tank) I own one of the 3M injection cleaning kits. With this the fuel pumps disabled and your truck/car runs off the 3M injection cleaner. It hooks up to the schrader valve on the fuel rails, this stuff is amazing and for cars/trucks with few miles the results are amazing! It cleans the injectors, intake ports, values plus the top of the pistons.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:07 AM

good lord, how the hell did you get your hands on one of those??

Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 AM

I would look into your catalytic converter. Sounds to me like it might be plugged up.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM

With 110,000 miles, when I chamge the plugs/wires do I also replace the coil packs?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Compndr
With 110,000 miles, when I chamge the plugs/wires do I also replace the coil packs?

I would think if they are working, no codes then the coils should be fine. Plugs and wires though I would definitely change at the 100k mark.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I would look into your catalytic converter. Sounds to me like it might be plugged up.
There 2 on our trucks. That's a lot of change to just throw at it with no evidence! Unless your looking for a reason to install hi flows

Old 08-13-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
There 2 on our trucks. That's a lot of change to just throw at it with no evidence! Unless your looking for a reason to install hi flows

Might as well do LT's at the same time!!

Quick Reply: 2007 H2 sluggish and not check engine light..