PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2005 H2 leaking into cab help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Question 2005 H2 leaking into cab help!!

I have water getting into the inside of the truck. It is not antifreze, no smell and clear, I have checked sunroof drains, and siliconed the 4 corner roof lights, the 6 marker lights, the 2 roof seams, the onstar antenna, and replaced the big weather strips that go from the back doors and down the inside of the "A" pillar...

Headliner is not wet just carpet, although I hear what sounds like a small computer fan running from the little circle in the headliner just above the left side of the drivers head.??? never heard it b4.

The only other thing I can think of is I had a wiper motor go crazy and dealer fixed that a few months back???

1. did they have to take the cowl by the wiper pits off to do that job?
2. did they put the cowl back wrong?
3. break or disconnect a drain line under there?
4. How do I get the cowl off or test my new theory other than dump water in there?
I got this truck for my wife because she had a tough go with breast cancer and beat it. At the worst I told her I would get her any thing she wanted when she was done beating cancer... she chose this H2 SUT

Any help would be great

Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 AM

congrats to you both on beating down the cancer, that's a huge battle!

Where in the truck is the carpet getting wet?

As for the cowl you have to remove the plastic intake bumps towards the windshield and you'll see plastic push retainers along the cowl edges. Some of them will be destroyed when you remove them so replacements are better than trying to use the old ones.

I couldn't see water getting in that route as that should just drain out, possibly check floorpan drain plugs?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM

thanks for the reply....

driveway slopes away from house a bit so water ends up at the rear door rocker area and carpet wet.... the night parked in the street the water ends up in the front foot area as street slopes that way a bit.

where are the drain plugs you speak of? i am guessing in the floor??? truck gets wet just sitting....

I am going to take roof rack off and clean up any junk crusted around it and caulk it and the mounting screws and caulk the black trim above the windshield, probably back black edge trim too. but head liner not getting wet

also how do the intake caps come off to get to the cowl? my guess is not draining right ther and getting in by firewall and running bac through carpet.

I really need to fix this... other than this issue the truck is clean and only has 48,000miles on it.... also adjusting the rear toneau cover too

she is starting to say " lets trade it in or sell it!!!""

Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Hey Truckie... Did you solve your problem?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM

No I have not solved it yet.... and its raining today....

If anybody knows how to take cowl off, it would really help

It may be the cowl clips broke when dealer put it back on... the passenger side weather strip is not being held down against windshield hard enough??. but can't prove thats where water getting in and not sure how to take the caps and cowl off.

The daughters sport trac is fixed and behaving and my F250 is ready to go, so I can get back to pinpointing this leak and fixing up the toneau cover.

then full detail for all 3 vehicles

Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Are you talking about the flat plastic panel by the windshield wipers?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Truckie plase add me on Facebook so can i take some pictures and loaded upp to Facebook

My name is Jens Albinsson

Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Update: I decided to have my windshield checked for leaks and they found a suspect area. I bought some black rtv and resealed the upper area above the cab and removed and resealed the plastic side pillar pieces (side of windshield). We are getting snow the next few days so I will report back...

Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
Are you talking about the flat plastic panel by the windshield wipers?
yes and the 2 big humps on top of it....

what i think is happening is that when dealer fixed crazy wipers issue the cowl with the wiper pits was removed and the clips probably broke and it is now not held down tightly and water getting in between the windshield and the rubber strip on the windshield edge of the cowl piece.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 AM

I just checked mine and the rubber strip is not firmly against my windshield and there is a gap toward the middle of it. My guess is that that seal is not to prevent water from entering the cab. I believe the humps are simply held on by clips and I was able to pull up on them. I am going to try to adjust the seal today and will let you know what I find.

Quick Reply: 2005 H2 leaking into cab help!!