PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
The Cluster is a common issue. If you have a variety of different problems all related to the gauges and lights coming on , odds are that it is the cluster.
Thanks for the help so should I send the Cluster in to be serviced or just buy a new one?? I want to make sure not to have the same issue...

Old 09-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Well first thing I'd do is take it to a reputable mechanic and have it diagnosed. hes gonna have to test it out with a voltage meter and make sure that's the problem. but yes, there is a place in CO. that will rebuild your cluster or you can order a remanufactured one.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:01 AM

I'm have the same issue as you hollywood_x my error codes are co550 and co896, what was the final outcome to resolve your issue?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by marcopolo
I'm have the same issue as you hollywood_x my error codes are co550 and co896, what was the final outcome to resolve your issue?
I know this is old but did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem... C0896 code is thrown, while driving sometimes abs, t/c, park brake, are all illuminated and Service Brake System is on the dash. My mechanic is suggesting to replace the EBCM but it's a very hefty cost and we're not 100% sure that's the cause.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:08 PM

I had my EBCM rebuilt from MODULE REPAIR PRO
out of California. He sells on eBay:
>REPAIR KIT< Fits: 03 04 05 06 07 Hummer H2 ABS Pump Control Module, We Install | eBay

Cost was $100 and it worked perfect, solving this issue.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:12 PM

I had my EBCM rebuilt from MODULE REPAIR PRO
out of California. He sells on eBay:
>REPAIR KIT< Fits: 03 04 05 06 07 Hummer H2 ABS Pump Control Module, We Install eBay

Cost was $100 and it worked perfect, solving this issue.
THANK YOU!!! I was actually in contact with them about doing that exact thing. My mechanic wanted 926 to install a new one. My main questions are is this as simple as a remove, have repaired, then replace? Or do I have to do anything like bleed the brake system etc?

Old 06-21-2017, 07:01 AM

Nope nothing else has to be done simply remove, have repaired, then replace it.

Tip: Once I removed it I covered the exposed part on the hummer with some tin foil and taped a plastic bag around it, that way you prevent it from getting dirty.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 AM

Nope nothing else has to be done simply remove, have repaired, then replace it.

Tip: Once I removed it I covered the exposed part on the hummer with some tin foil and taped a plastic bag around it, that way you prevent it from getting dirty.
Very very good idea - you never want to leave any brake system components that might have brake fluid exposed for any length of time... Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air when left exposed so always minimize exposure.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 PM

For anyone else who runs into this problem...because it drove me nuts...I have confirmed it is fixed for me.

Symptoms: C0896 Code. Service brake system, T/C, ABS, and Park Brake all illuminating at the same time intermittently and randomly.

Our mechanic was able to troubleshoot it to 90% most likely the abs computer aka EBCM. I removed the ebcm myself (it is on the frame under the drivers door) and mailed it to My Air Bags (I used them instead of Module Pro because they are closer to me) via eBay. They charged $100 for the repair. A new ebcm plus labor was $924. Having it refurbished (they fixed some bad solders and resistors) saved me $800. If you could repair it yourself this job would cost nothing but your time. I have not had the issue since the ebcm was repaired! I will admit the thing is a rather big pain in the butt to remove, but it was worth it to save the money. Hopefully this helps someone who runs into the same problem as me.