PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

200 miles in low range

Old 07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Default RE: 200 miles in low range

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

so you have a hummer and a jeep or just stopping by to visit? welcome to the forum. I like that jeep, what makes the track so much wider?

I've been wondering if it owuld be sensible to pick a handful of high-damage-to-a-wide-vehicle trails, run them, gouge up the sides & then just fix the truck once. That seems reasonable
Hahaha, no I'm not a troll and I wouldn't intentionally mislead you. I just bought an 06 SUT and tomorrow it gets the Fabtech 6" and 38" Toyo's installed, YAY!!!
The track is wider on the Jeep due to the axles (Rockwell 2.5 ton, I kep destroying 1 ton stuff) and the tires are 19" wide on a 12" wide wheel with 4.5" of backspacing. I could easily flip the hubs and add an extra 6" of width to each side but then it wouldn't fit in a lot of tight places.

As far as damaging your Hummer to run some rough trails, man, there is no way I would. I actually only plan to take mine out in the snow and some mild trails. For the hardcore, I'll take my Jeep. I have run the 'Con many times and with the gatekeeper destroyed, I think it would be doable to get the H2 to Spider Lake without damage. Yes, you would get some brush scratches (that didn't seem to be a huge concern to you) that would probably buff out. There is a new section of the trail, that where the brush scratches would likely come from.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome and I plan to be around for a while cause I Love my Hummer!

Let me know if you wanna go. Serious, I'll help.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Default RE: 200 miles in low range

well, hope to see you around & goo dluck with the new truck.

its not hard to find offroading places where the long wheelbase will make you happy. [sm=happy046.gif]