PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 h2 manual navigation install

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Default 08 h2 manual navigation install

Hey guys. I have an 08 h2 that I'd like to have navigation built in, instead of always bringing my hand held garmin. But I'd like it to still work with all the steering wheel buttons and backup camera. Is it possible to have the backup camera show on both the mirror slide out screen that I already have and the navigation screen? Also what is the OEM brand navigation for 2008+ hummers, and what will I need to get everything to work? Has anybody done one of these installs in a 2008 or newer / have a link to a thread? My lease is up in a little over a year so I'd like to be able to take it out and use it in another car or sell it. Is there a better than OEM aftermarket one that will still work with my steering wheel buttons and backup camera? Thanks!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm aboutto do the same thing with my 2008 H2
the OEM part # is 19165004 $2,695
call (Lynch Hummer) and ask the service department any questions they have done it many times

Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM

I ordered the kenwood dnx9140 navigation, its like the best one out there its their flagship navigation, and it has about 5x more features than the hummer OEM one and its only less than half the price at $1300. I'll post pics once I get it installed.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:23 AM

Ok so the new navigation is the bomb! I bought the kenwood dnx9140 for around $1300. Installation was over $800 total. The actual installation of just the navigation was under $300, but then you have to buy a steering wheel adapater (so your steering wheel controls work), XM adapter, adapter this and adapter that. So in total it was over $2,100 but its well worth it and still cheaper than the crappy OEM one and when I get rid of this hummer I'll just remove the navigation and put back in the stock radio and put it in another car! I dont know if it'll work with the OEM rear dvd as I dont have that I have a 20" aftermarket tv and dvd in the rear.

heres some pics of the navigation:
Below pic of a home made DVD music video. Alot more fun than just regular music.

Below while seeing the navigation it also shows the song title or station your on and can click on it to switch to the song, and it'll show what street your on on the bottom bar.

Below you can see all the features it has.

Below is the built in backup camera feature (camera not included I used the OEM hummer one)

Since we tied into the OEM hummer backup camera, I now have two backup cameras instead of just the small one up top by the mirror. The bigger screen on the navigation is much better mostly because its bigger but having the smaller one that pops out of the mirror is good too because your eyes are looking right in that direction when your looking in your rear view mirror. Also later on I can buy a cheap camera on ebay and mount it somewhere and have 2 different backup camera views.