PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Got Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 03:38 PM
Default Got Lights?

I live in Tennessee and drive country roads at night. There is no street lighting and our roads do not have shoulders. Good lighting is necessary. Too bad the H3 factory headlights really suck. I have tried every bulb, including the high output stuff with dedicated ballasts and they still sucked. The H3 simply has very poor headlight reflectors.
I put a set of Australian Light Force lights on my 2006 Yellow H3 (wife's car now) several years ago and they work great. I just put four LED lights on my 2008 H3 and those suckers are bright. I pity the fool that refuses to dim their lights coming toward me. I used 12-guage wire and two 40-amp relays (one relay for each pair) and tripped the relays from the high beam dimmer. I used the same setup on the 2006 H3. I also put high output LED bulbs in the headlights and the fogs. Now I can see a deer at night and turn night into day. Overkill? Maybe .

Old 03-25-2018, 11:43 PM

Not even certain where to begin lol.
I'm pretty sure that what you got there is overkill but hey each to there own.
Blocking the headlights, I'm not certain that's even legal.
Flashing those at an on coming driver's car would probably be an accident waiting to happen.
In general a ticket would probably follow.
Jmho

Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM

I like lights, but I also like airflow into the radiator much more.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:09 AM

If you were closed course off-road racing, great! I used to run 2 round 8" 130W Halogen Dick Cepek off-road lights (3/4mi. range) on the front of a 4wd van (but, they didn't block the headlights or radiator) for off-roading only. Now, though, I'm much more of a fan of the LED light bars; sleek & slim, with amazing light output without blocking anything important.

But..., let's look at this from a purely practical standpoint. You cannot use those lights in any kind of traffic (illegal/dangerous). You cannot use those lights to "flash" someone that refuses to dim their lights (illegal/dangerous). AND, you have blocked 2/3 of your already poor stock headlights. So you've actually taken a poorly lit vehicle and made it significantly worse in 99% of use, as well as increasing your odds of a ticket and/or accident.

Nice job.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 03-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Wow ahh why not 2 more? Just kidding. Lots of light. See an orange hummer in the pic too.No orange ones out here

Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 PM

I am thinking of switching the lights on the ends so they hang under the bar and don't block the already crappy headlights. Oh, and the other Hummer is yellow....just kinda looks orange because of the lighting.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:41 AM

any night pictures??

Old 04-03-2018, 01:56 PM

No night pictures yet but I'll take a couple and post them.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by surfcityred327
No night pictures yet but I'll take a couple and post them.
I had x6, 4-inch rough country led's on my H3 and they would light up an entire field. I can't even imagine how bright those honkers are on your hummer. Someone would literally die if you shined those at them

Old 04-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Talking

They are super bright, and it's a pure white light. If I flash my lights during the day, any reflective street signs look like a high powered strobe light hit them. I'll get some night pics up soon.

Quick Reply: Got Lights?