PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

$4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Default RE: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

The Writting it off for taxes, is Not all its cracked up to be....

If you use your Hummer or other car or Truck for Business is has to be used for 100% for Business use, No Personal Use........for a total write-off.......and thats only a % amount..

You can use you Car or Truck for Personal and Business as a Write off, as long as you have a Drivers Log Book, so the IRS knows the Differance Between your Beer Runs compared to your Business use.......(What a Hassle)

The thrid choice is the one I use............I dont use it for a Write-Off.........what ever they take off is the same for Everyone......and I drive it everyware........

We are an Internet Business and running for Stamps Or Going to UPS store is all I could Write off for Business......

Now if you were selling Insurance or Homes/land that would be a Toatal/Perfect write-off...

There has Been 8 Business Owners here with Hummers, Fined by IRS for Cheating on there Taxes, when it comes to Mileage.........when theres an Audit........

I dont have to Worry about that.............Rick

Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

As stated, higher operating/gas costs will negatively impact all low mpg vehicle values ( trucks, SUVs Hummers ) Look at the prices on Ebay. I think the usedH2s should be selling at significantly higher prices. Even H1 prices are under some pressure even those tend to be more spare play toy type vehicles than everyday drivers. I am not sure if that is because of oil prices or more related to the overall economic funk.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Higher gas prices is going to be no different than convertables in January in Detroit...

Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: RickLF

The Writting it off for taxes, is Not all its cracked up to be....

If you use your Hummer or other car or Truck for Business is has to be used for 100% for Business use, No Personal Use........for a total write-off.......and thats only a % amount..

You can use you Car or Truck for Personal and Business as a Write off, as long as you have a Drivers Log Book, so the IRS knows the Differance Between your Beer Runs compared to your Business use.......(What a Hassle)

The thrid choice is the one I use............I dont use it for a Write-Off.........what ever they take off is the same for Everyone......and I drive it everyware........

We are an Internet Business and running for Stamps Or Going to UPS store is all I could Write off for Business......

Now if you were selling Insurance or Homes/land that would be a Toatal/Perfect write-off...

There has Been 8 Business Owners here with Hummers, Fined by IRS for Cheating on there Taxes, when it comes to Mileage.........when theres an Audit........

I dont have to Worry about that.............Rick

I use the log book. It takes less time to write down your mileage than you think, it's just a habit you have to get into.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:51 PM

Hi Djguy988......

Your Right...But I dont go far enough or often enough to use the book.....as a write off....

and Id probley loose the Book anyway...LOL

Rick.........

Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM

Gas prices.........

Ever notice, they tell you ahead of time what the prices are going to be, that way your all-ready mentaly perpaired for the up coming pirce of Fuel.......

There going to stay up........and down.....its Business...........supply and demand.........

Just inFort Laurdale,the taxes on gas is 48 cents a Gallon.......in west palm beach its 52 cents a gallon..........

Right Now as we/I speak there1-3 Tankers parked out of port Everglades with gas/Fuel and waiting to have them off-loaded....but no where to put it.......untill we use some more of it............its not a Supply problem...its a GREED Problem..........

Now that were using smaller cars,using less gas and not running around as much,they have plenty of gas...but not lowering the prices.....to make Profit..for the Stock Holders...

I think the person who can't afford gas at present , if there driving a Car,will not buy a HUMMER, becuase of the gas price............

Those of us who Bought the HUMMERS Knew it was not a gas saver, when we bought them...........i/We boughtOurs for the RIDE and CONFORT..and Boldness of the Truck......

The Gas is a Sencondary to Having it........along with the Mantance costs.........

Its worth it.........

Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up the fact that the Oil Companies aren't the real culprits here. It's the Govt Taxes on the gas/oil. Almost half goes to taxes then the rest is divided up between local operators, transport, THEN the oil companies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they aren't making any money off of it. Hell, just last year the oil companies report a record profit margin for their 4th quarter earnings. But I don't have a problem with someone making money, I have a problem with all of the taxes then everyone going and getting mad at the wrong people. While the govt sits back and watches us all whine and cry about Sunoco, Shell, etc... People need to research a little more and stop relying on The CBS Evening News for all of their information.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 AM

Yes, I get pissed everytime I see the tax disclosures on the pumps.

Lisa

Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 AM

The reason gas prices are so high is because of the U.S. dollar. Gas prices, if you look in Europe, are admittedly much higher than ours; but do you see them complain? No, because the pound is worth nearly twice as much as the dollar and it doesn't hurt them. Years from now if we somehow get out of this trillion+ deficit, gas will go down. But by the time that actually occurs, gas may not even be our main source of energy.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:49 AM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up the fact that the Oil Companies aren't the real culprits here. It's the Govt Taxes on the gas/oil. Almost half goes to taxes then the rest is divided up between local operators, transport, THEN the oil companies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they aren't making any money off of it. Hell, just last year the oil companies report a record profit margin for their 4th quarter earnings. But I don't have a problem with someone making money, I have a problem with all of the taxes then everyone going and getting mad at the wrong people. While the govt sits back and watches us all whine and cry about Sunoco, Shell, etc... People need to research a little more and stop relying on The CBS Evening News for all of their information.
Yeah, but these same oil companies are making BILLIONS IN PROFIT every year!! Don't get me wrong,
I'm ALL for FREE ENTERPRISE, but in a free enterprise business model, there is COMPETITION. There is NO
competition in the OIL COMPANIES!!! If one raises prices, they ALL DO!!!

Quick Reply: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.