PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

$4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

Its Kinda Funny in a way, when we bought our,1st H2 everyone at work wondered if I was going to work Overtime to pay for the Gas...........

I LOVE this truck......Or should I say I Love to Drive this Truck........compared to all the Trucks I had in my Lifetime......This is my Truck of Choice.......

Im Not Rich, but if gas went to $6.00 a Gallon, id still be driving it as usual........

I have a lot of Freinds who sold there trucks for a Easy-On-Gas-cars.........becuase they were getting 14-16 MPG, but were totaly Happy with there Ride, Now there getting 28-38 and cant put a Famley of 4 in it to go to Dinner........Shame

Now they have No room to move and Wish they had kept there trucks.......its worth the extra funds for Fuel to drive an H2........

Rick........

Old 03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

I had two small cars run into my H2 and I saw what they looked like afterward. My family and I are staying in Hummers. The price of gas is insignificant compared to a lot of other things.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM

Hi 3Hummers.....

I wanted an H1 but our Condo Asso. wouldent allow it.....to Wide....

had to Settle for the H2 and the Wife got an H3.......

Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Drivingan Hummer for your real estate business might help in selling a house or two. That extra sell might pay for the difference in MPG. I have not found a truck I like better than H2. I have had crew cab dually's, Harley F150, Z71 Chevys and Grand Cherokee and a Durango and none of them I like as much as my Hummer. It is the perfect vehicle for me.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.....Don't you write off your mileage on your taxes? I need to pull trailers, and could get a truck that gets an extra 5 mpg, but I'm very happy with my H2. Being self employed, I write off a significant amount of miles that I drive, and if I can't write it off.....I drive the scion.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

That must be one awful set of CC&Rs you have there. Don't think I've ever seen one that gave them a vote on your choice of vehicle ( except for parking RVs, boats orbroken downvehicles). You know that the H2 is taller and longer than an H1.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM

Like everyone else has said, the truck was not purchased for its economy. The ability to whatever you need, wherever you need to, along with its security offsets the increased fuel consumed. Having just done taxes, I spent over $3600 in gas the last 9months, lower fuel prices would be nice, but will not change what I drive. I have heard that no-one is visiting the Hummer Dealers, and sales are extremely slow. I did receive this interesting e-mail from a friend:

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit s omeone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

[b](If you don't understand how we can reach 300 millio

Old 03-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

This was just posted on here a few days ago. It goes back for years.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 AM

i think we all got off track here thequestion was what do think 4 dollar gas will do to the h2's resale value.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

3hummers, I was just talking in general, I wasn't saying you were complaining, the last trip I took to the States, I was filling up high octane because it was so cheap there LOL my 3 got pampered while I was there LOL
Yeah...No Kidding!!! They get ALOT of their Oil FROM US, yet we PAY MORE LOCALLY??? WTF????[:@]

Damn "FREE HEALTHCARE"!!!!

Quick Reply: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.