PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Default $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

so with gas going to hit the 4 dollar mark in the next couple of weeks what do you think that will do to the hummers resale value.

because im contemplating selling mine because at 4 dollars a gallon thats 128.00 vs 88.00 dollars which lets not lie stung a little every4 dayswhen i had to fill her up now at 128.00 bucks atank this is starting to suck a little.

plus i do drive my truck more often than other hummer drivers, ive put about 23k miles in about a year on my truck.plus im arealtorand the real estate market is not looking too good right now.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Default RE: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.

When gas prices peak like this, it definitely becomes a buyers market, not a sellers market.[/align]

Old 03-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to speak to your situation. When I started buying the Hummers gas wasn't cheap. I knew they weren't economical from a gas ormaintenance standpoint. I enjoy driving the Hummers and if gas keeps going up it won't change what I drive. I actually was the high bidder on a two H1door truck and an H1open top today. Now I have to decide which, if either I am going to try to buy ( niether hit the reserve but both are working with me on negotiating a price we both can live with ) I am fortunate in that I drive a very short distance to work and most of my driving is discretionary. For those that have to drive a lot it might become an issue.
The used car market in general is very slow and low mpg vehicles like SUVs and Hummers have already been hit pretty hard. What you loss in vehicle value when you trade in the H2 may not be worth what you save in gas each month.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:19 AM

Meh....

Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Gas is already over $4 in the midwest.... not that big of a deal... My dad isn't getting rid of his 8.1l Silverado just because it gets 7-8mpg.... it's an expense... if you can't afford the fuel then you were inover your head buying the truck...

Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 AM

I refuse to let the gas prices dictate what I drive. Maybe work on your driving habits more to help, hell, we ALL do probably do better in the department. In 6 months I've put around 10,000 miles on my H3 so I feel where you are coming from (don't think the gas mileage is THAT MUCH better than a 2).

I love the way it looks, rides, things it is capable of whenever I feel like doing them. And yes (hate to admit this) the attention it gets . If I didn't own this it would be a Dodge Ram or Silverado so it's not like MPG would be getting any better anyway.

Housing market will come back around, if you have been in the business very long you know that itgoesin trends. About every 7-10 years sucks with housing. Maybe someday we will figure out to stop building so many damned houses before we can fill them

Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

The publics are driven by quarterly reporting and I agree with you on those guys. They kept building when they should have been on the sidelines. One of the national homebuilders got caught with 350,000 lots in inventory when the slowdown hit. What were they thinking?

Old 03-16-2008, 02:17 PM

What are you guys complaining about, cost per gallon here is $4.65now and this summer there talking about $5.60 now that really sucks!!! but I also say that those SOB's aren't going to make geta Prius

Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't complaining. Just talking about how stupid some of the national homebuilders were. Unless I decide to go somewhere on the weekend my total driving for a month is under 600 miles. My wife does about twice that. Gas just isn't that big a deal for us. If I had to drive more I might be a little more sensitive to gas prices.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:31 PM

3hummers, I was just talking in general, I wasn't saying you were complaining, the last trip I took to the States, I was filling up high octane because it was so cheap there LOL my 3 got pampered while I was there LOL

Quick Reply: $4 dollar gas hummers resale value.