Standing Water on Soft Top - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer H1 The original Hummer, which brought the Hummer look to the public eye during Desert Storm, with the addition of some features that make the H1 more of a street vehicle and less of a Army truck

Old 03-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Default Standing Water on Soft Top

New owner here and I just took delivery on my 98 H1 - I brought it home in a storm, and woke up to standing water on the back half of the soft top, as well as a drivers side footwell full of water. I think I can diagnose the driver side issues (leaking cable runs, windshield sealant), however I am not sure how to adjust the top to deal with draining and wanted to see if any members had some advice. Should it be draining to the side and do I just need to pull the soft top more taught?

Here is a photo of the top with some water on it:

And a photo of the truck:

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attached Thumbnails
Standing Water on Soft Top-h1-top.jpg