Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Sluggish windows (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/sluggish-windows-38932/)

Rdourro1 10-25-2017 09:06 AM

Sluggish windows

I have a 2000 Hummer H1 and all of the windows are very slow going up and sometimes need assistance.
is that something that can be remedied with lubricant or do I need to remove the door panel or replace the regulator and or motor .
would anybody know where I could find instructions to remove the window regulator ?

Stickbogart 10-25-2017 06:09 PM

try to realign the window tracks and some white lithium grease on the metal tracks and not on the outer window tracks

Rdourro1 10-26-2017 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stickbogart (Post 347686)
try to realign the window tracks and some white lithium grease on the metal tracks and not on the outer window tracks

Thanks!
how hard is it to remove the door panel and do the realignment... any tips?

Stickbogart 10-26-2017 12:38 PM

I’m not sure about the H one I’m sure that it will not be that hard to open the door panel up just be careful when you take the cover off if it’s made of plastic and don’t be in a hurry

usually it’s a simple adjustment of losing some blots and move things around slightly

The key thing is being patient and don’t get any white lithium grease on the side of the window in the front or the back where the window goes up and down just on the lower track inside the door

Ian Ward 10-26-2017 09:31 PM

Do NOT grease the window tracks. There is a metal arm with a little wheel on the end that rolls along the frame that holds the glass. If this roller is bad then you can replace it. If you grease things like window tracks for example it works better for that day and then soaks in all the dirt and makes the problem worse.
Your problem could be one of a few things. If there is a after market alarm system that controlles rolling down the windows start off by removing that and repairing the damaged wiring, if not take a meter and test the voltage at the switch by the driver area. Then test voltage at the other window switch on the door and make sure you have a good supply power. You can use a power probe and disconnect the window motor and power it manually to test with proper power and ground. The window switches are known for going bad and not letting full powdr thru( voltage drop). Just replace the switches if you think they are bad( only cost about $10). But most likely your problem is simply that the vehicle sat for so long with the windows up the tracks swell up making it hard for the window to roll down. Try rollin down the windows down for a week or two and see if that makes it free up.

SimonH1 11-28-2017 12:42 PM

Ian is right. Not the tracks. It is the "cable" assembly. Just find google a local window regulator repair in your area. They will fix it. Had same issue and failed motor on another door which they replaced.