PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

pmd question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Default pmd question

Where the harness plugs into the pmd there is a chip inside and mine says 7. I recently had injection pump replaced and when they pulled of the pmd to relocate the tech said it had a chip that read 5 so he swapped out with mine that read 7 is this and aftermarket upgrade with my pmd? In case im confusing everyone he used the new pmd just swapped out the chip.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Default RE: pmd question

Wow nobody knows what this is for? The tech suggested that the seven meant more fuel??

Old 01-04-2008, 12:50 AM

they are calibration resistors that run the injection pump at it's optimum performance. The truck will run without one, #5 works on all injection pumps. I only know this because I just relocated my pmd and have spent a bit of time on the phone with Dave Breggin at BlueHummer Outfitters.

http://breggin-enterprises.stores.ya...t/fsdcare.html

here's aexcert from Chuck's site flashoffroad.com:

If you get a new FSD you will need a new calibration resistor pack for $20. The resistor describes the pump to the electronic control system. The resistor must match the pump, not the FSD/PMD. When I purchased the FSD, there was no resistor with it - I had to buy one separately. I believe that if you get a complete pump & FSD, a new resistor (matching the pump) will be included.

The #5 is considered the "average", and almost any pump will work with a #5 resistor. The resistor is only used when the control computer forgets what the value is, like after the batteries are disconnected. If you don't use a resistor you will get a p1218 error code when the computer tries to read the value.

You can get the computer to see the new resistor by initiating a TDC Learn with a tech 2 scan tool. The computer will check the resistor value on it's own every 50 startups.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Thanks I will call dave and ask him about mine I appreciate your input.