PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New member with older Hummer... Got questions

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Default New member with older Hummer... Got questions

I have a 1993 Hummer H1 and its been a great rig. Takes a beating everytime we go to the ranch and it holds up fine. Couple things though, I want a new interior. Nothing fancy just stock inlay. The inside is sun faded and I would like to get it back in good shape. I also want the A/C update. How hard is that to install? And I need a winch. I think a 12000# would be right but I don't want to spend a fortune on something I don't use that much.

Its the ultimate hunting rig, a buddy and I built a hunting rack for it and there has been plenty of pigs and coyotes slayed out of it.

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New member with older Hummer... Got questions

Interior parts are usually expensive. I have bought a fair amount of parts off of Ebay. Kascar is expensive but will likely have most of what you want from interior to HVAC. I have not done the HVAC upgrade in my 97. Not sure how difficult it is. Seems like it could be done for $2500-$3000.00. I have heard some people paid as high as $4500.00 but I just don't see how it could get that high. PM Hummech and give him a list of what you need. He can get pricing for you through the dealership he works at on most anything you want. GMpartsdude also works for a Hummer dealer and has given some pretty good discounts to forum members.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM

I appreciate the help. I saw the A/C upgrade on eBay once for 800 bucks and I still regret not getting it.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Kascar is usually the one with the HVAC auctions on Ebay. Go to www.real4wd.com and you can pull it up on their website. They are very knowledgable and a lot of help. E-mail them a list of what you want and they will e-mail prices back to you.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM

i am sorry but the a/c upgrade only works on 1994 and newer H1's. your system that you have is a R12 freon system and everything from 94 on up is R134 freon. also the dash won't except the new unit. the interior pieces are also going to be a little harder to find depending if you had base interior or the soft touch interior for that year. i would recommend having it covered or something else made for it. PM me and tell me if you have half doors or full doors and what pieces you are looking for.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:23 PM

Well I hate to hear about the A/C stuff. My interior is the soft touch. I really don't need the whole thing replaced just the hard plastic that goes on the center section and around the rear center section.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:34 PM

If it is sunfaded but not cracked, you may want to just refinish the existing pieces; SEM makes some products that are good for refinishing plastics/vinyls:
http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm

Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Learned something new today. Didn't know the 93 A?C systems were different and couldn't be upgraded. Thanks Mike. How were the margaritas in Mexico?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 AM

Here is something that you will find out about the Hummer H-1. If you don't find it used, it will come from AM General direct. Order anything from the dealer and it will more than likely get dropped shipped straight from the factory. You can't buy a Warn winch from anyone but Hummer. That is why the aftermarket parts are so minimal (and expensive), they will not let anyone market parts for them and the number of vehicles to sell the partsfor is small, so you do the math, invent something for a GM truck that sold by the 100 thousands or for a truck that there are only a handful of (relatively speaking) on the road. It is an expensive toy without a doubt.

I have ordered several interior pieces for my truck from Lynch, and they know their stuff about the H-1.

Good luck.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Lynch is good. They are usually expensive but the people there are very knowledgable.