PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New to me H1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Default New to me H1

I want to start out with I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a Hummer H1 and have big plans for its future. I am going to have it completely restored and upgraded. Being new to hummers I am looking for advise from people who have already upgraded theirs. I know a few things I am looking to do but any other advise would be very helpful.

I know I want to do a conversion to either a Duramax or Cummings, any thoughts on which way to go? Reasons why you recommend going that way.

I will be using it both on and off road. With that being said I am looking to make it as reliable off road as possible to prevent breakdowns. Any recommend upgrades in this area? What are peoples thoughts on going to front and rear lockers?

Old 07-05-2019, 07:06 PM

Congratulations on your amazing new to you H1. Post some pics please. I don’t have a H1 but have wanted one for ever. Not a lot of members here I don’t guess because Hummer has come and gone. I personally think the Duramax would be the way to go and I think I heard that a 1” body lift was needed. I have a H2 and I really like it a lot and I think about doing the conversion but it’s just a lot of money to put into a old vehicle. H1 is different I think because I view it as equipment and not a disposable item. I hope more people like you will start posting and maybe it will get some members to start sharing there knowledge with others!