PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hungry Valley, CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Default Hungry Valley, CA

I spent a good chunk of last Friday getting the truck dirty in Hungry Valley, CA. Here is quick YouTube clip: LINKY

I will get the pics posted later . . .

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Hungry Valley, CA

Thanks for sharing! I got to get out there! Looks great!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Hungry Valley is a great place for beginners. Lots of easy trails. Only problem with it is there are usually hordes of kids on ATVs and dirt bikes that pay no attention to you at all.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Hungry Valley is a great place for beginners. Lots of easy trails. Only problem with it is there are usually hordes of kids on ATVs and dirt bikes that pay no attention to you at all.
Exactly why I went Friday morning. There were a few bikes out there, but they were very courteous. The horde was pulling in about 2:30, when I was leaving!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Great timing. Puts you on edge not knowing when they are going to zip across in front of you or try to crowd by you on a trail your mirrors have to be folded in on.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 PM

What trails did you run? The 4x4 park is fun. Ive gone up that hill climb a few times, its harder than it looks, you made it look really easy.Were you locked on the hill climb?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Pewterbird

What trails did you run? The 4x4 park is fun. Ive gone up that hill climb a few times, its harder than it looks, you made it look really easy. Were you locked on the hill climb?
We pretty much stayed on the west side. Sterling Canyon was the first trail. We then tried out the 4WD practice area and proceeded up Freeman Trail. It was suggested that we try Vics Cat from there, but the first switchback caused issues. Actually it was spotter that neglected to tell me I was going to be on two wheels, which scared the crap out of me. I really didn't want to trust him anymore, at least not without some training.

As far as the hill, I was locked. I never wait until I need it. I have seen too many broken tie rods and axles from letting the wheels spin and grabbing all the sudden. That is why I stalled in initially.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Locked and in low, you could tell by the engine noise.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: cbetts

ORIGINAL: Pewterbird

What trails did you run? The 4x4 park is fun. Ive gone up that hill climb a few times, its harder than it looks, you made it look really easy. Were you locked on the hill climb?
We pretty much stayed on the west side. Sterling Canyon was the first trail. We then tried out the 4WD practice area and proceeded up Freeman Trail. It was suggested that we try Vics Cat from there, but the first switchback caused issues. Actually it was spotter that neglected to tell me I was going to be on two wheels, which scared the crap out of me. I really didn't want to trust him anymore, at least not without some training.

As far as the hill, I was locked. I never wait until I need it. I have seen too many broken tie rods and axles from letting the wheels spin and grabbing all the sudden. That is why I stalled in initially.

Ive been wanting to do Miller Jeep Trail. I only know one H3 that has done it, and he said it was hard on his UCP.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 PM

I didn't have many pics turn out, but here is the best of them: LINKY

Got a few good shot of the poppies in Antelope Valley though!

Quick Reply: Hungry Valley, CA