PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to H1 world got 20?s

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Default New to H1 world got 20?s

I got a 2000 Wagon 6.5
I plan on doing a Cummins Swap on it but if I can do what I need to with the 6.5 I won't

Is there any benifit to being able to put the truck into 2wd?
Will the fuel mileage improve?
Who makes a drop in tcase to do this?
What would happen if I just unhook to drive shaft and remove it?

What types of things can I do to the engine to increase the performance and gain a little but a fuel mileage?
Can the exhaust be ran as a straight pipe? What is the win loose on removing the muffler and cat or what ever it is?
I got more questions but Ill wait on these first.
Thanks in advance and GOD BLESS.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dutchboy
I got a 2000 Wagon 6.5
I plan on doing a Cummins Swap on it but if I can do what I need to with the 6.5 I won't

Is there any benifit to being able to put the truck into 2wd?
Will the fuel mileage improve?
Who makes a drop in tcase to do this?
What would happen if I just unhook to drive shaft and remove it?

What types of things can I do to the engine to increase the performance and gain a little but a fuel mileage?
Can the exhaust be ran as a straight pipe? What is the win loose on removing the muffler and cat or what ever it is?
I got more questions but Ill wait on these first.
Thanks in advance and GOD BLESS.
Even with a 2wd transfer case I doubt you will see any improvement in mpg. You still have all the weight and everything is still turning. Predator makes a 2wd option for the H1. Different companies make tuning kits for the 6.5 TD. There are opinions all over the map on if they really help much or not.
Look underneath the truck, no there is no way to run a straight exhaust system. If you remove the cat/muffler your truck will be louder and you will not be able to pass a smog inspection in most areas.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM

So has anyone ever seen a gain in Mpg with any kind of mod... There are diesels out there that tow more than 10k and can get around 20=mpg with different vehicles.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 PM

When my H1 had the 6.2 th400, I did remove the front shaft for a month to find that out and no, it doesn't help. The 6.5's are pretty tolerant engines for alternative fuel, so you may want to look up that road if you want more driveablity with less money in the tank. I would be curious to know what an alpha dmax h1 sees for fuel economy, but from what I've driven I'd say your SOL on getting more fuel economy - the H1 is a box on wheels, any diesel you can show me that gets 20mpgs with 10k behind it is (a) going downhill and (b) much more aerodynamic than we are.