Hummer H1 The original Hummer, which brought the Hummer look to the public eye during Desert Storm, with the addition of some features that make the H1 more of a street vehicle and less of a Army truck

New H1 owner, service questions

Old 01-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Default New H1 owner, service questions

Hello all!
I just purchased a 1996 Wagon 6.5TD, it was delivered this morning. The owner has gave me a list of things he knows are wrong with it, but I keep hearing of the AM General "C" Service, but can't get a full description of what all is included in the service, is there somewhere I can find what all is included in this service? I want to just do it all at once so I can enjoy this beast! Also, does any of the venders sell the service kit with all the hard parts?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 PM

Never mind, he actually had the full service manual in the back. It was all out of order, but I straightened it up and found the maintenance schedule. Wasnít as intensive as I was expecting. Iíll start with it, then start checking all systems and suspension.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:52 AM

That is a good looking rig. Congrats!