PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help H1 1997 73,000 Miles Lots of issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Default Need help H1 1997 73,000 Miles Lots of issues

Ok to start this off my mechanical abilities are opening a phone book and finding an add that says mechanic. I live in Anchorage, Alaska and even the GM dealer up here seems to know less about my car than I do.

I purchased my baby 4 months ago from a guy who said it was well taken care of and the physical damage was from somebody hitting him not taking it off road. I've come to understand by my friends that this man was a horrible liar and should burn in the pits of hell. This is the rig I wanted since I was in high school I will never sell this thing I don't care what I have to fix (although I may need to hide receipts from the wife)

So this is what I got and I'll try to explain it the best I can with my limited base of vehicle understanding. I could use a sours for parts and some identification of the parts I need.

Issue 1) On my front passenger side hub the rubber looking hose that goes into the top of the hub is cut strait through what is this hose called and where can I get one???

Issue 2) On the front passenger Hub again there is an air leak in the metal covered CTIS Hose (where can I get one) ?

Issue 3) Main defroster and heater stopped working (rear heater still works) there is a resistor box on the passenger side under the hood that the wires and connector look burnt ( where can I get a new resistor box and connector)?

Issue 4) One of my buddies told me my cooling fan clutch was blown and thats why It overheated so many times last fall (where can I get a cooling fan clutch)?

Issue 5) Ctis on the drivers side rear from the tire to the hub I had to replace all the fittings had a 90 degree fitting on it but when the replacement parts came in from the dealer it was a 45 degree fitting so my CTIS plate cover thing wont fit any more (any ideas would be great).

Issue 6) went to get an alignment the guy told me I needed to replace the things that hold the front tires level (forget what there called) said they had ***** or something on the ends ( what are these things and where can I get them)

Sorry for all the issues and the long first post but I may benefit you guys yet, I own a military surplus store so we get Military Hummer parts in all the time if you need shackles, Pintail Hitches, Radio racks or other weird military crap for you rig I may have it

Thanks guys

Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and sorry you bought from a dirtbag. I would start by calling 714-669-3699 and ask for Mike Sabaresse. He is the head of Hummer service for the best Hummer dealer on the west coast. Mike can talk through the issues you have and help determine what parts you need to fix your issues. H1s aren't that difficult to work on. Any competent mechanic or backyard wrencher can do most repairs.
You might have to leave a message but Mike will call you back.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

Wow Mike is the man looks like he just took care of 2 months of hell for me

Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 PM

hey man i have the PDF parts catalog if you want me to email it to you. that way you can look the parts up yourself and just call the dealership with part numbers let me know