PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Im going to pick her up today

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Default Im going to pick her up today

Well everyone im going to pick up my dream H1 this weekend. Im buying a 95 H1 with 85000 miles on her for 26,500. It has the V8 deisel engine in it, not the turbo. Leather interior power everything. The outside is black and looks good. I wont know exactly what condition the body is in until I go test drive it and look at it. But the seller says it runs good and everything is great on it. He said there was on rust spot on it above the passenger door, but I work with autobody people so it wont be that big of a problem. Anybody have anything I should look for when I see it. Im takeing a ex-army friend that used to work on them back in the day...a long time ago. Thanks for all the help everyone has given me and all the pointers!!!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Default RE: Im going to pick her up today

Congrats! Get some pics up soon, we need more H1 guys around here!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Check for ***** instead of a digital display for the HVAC controls on the dash - if you see a digital display with buttons instead of *****, be ready to do an HVAC overhaul in the near future, which will cost you anywhere from $3k-$6k.

The '95 H1 is also prone to a problem where the cooling loop in the transfer case cracks, allowing dextron to flow out of the transmission into the t-case. When it overflows, it goes up the vent lines into the air filter canister so a visual inspection of the air filter element, and a level check of the transfer case and transmission are a good idea. If the tranny reads low, and tcase reads overfilled, there may be an issue there, and transmission damage could have occurred.

Those are the two most common "major" issues you could encounter with a 95 NA diesel.

Good luck with the truck!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Congrats!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Is that a good price?? The two H1's where I got my H2 are low $50's for 2002s with 30-40k miles...

at any rate... congrats...

Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM

With all due respects muddydawg.....some of us cant afford $50,000 H1This H1 started at 24,000 and then two people got into a pissing contest and then both dropped out. There were 17 others waiting for me to mess up the deal to jump on it. Im happy with the price I paid.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:22 PM

Congrats....post some pics

Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chsnprodigy

With all due respects muddydawg.....some of us cant afford $50,000 H1This H1 started at 24,000 and then two people got into a pissing contest and then both dropped out. There were 17 others waiting for me to mess up the deal to jump on it. Im happy with the price I paid.
That's cool.... I've seen them all over the price scale and have no clue what the pro's and cons of the different years are... like I said in another thread... the only ones I have driven had no pads on the seats and were painted camo...

Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM

Congrats...good luck...Name:  5.gif
Views: 35
Size:  44.3 KB

Old 03-23-2007, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

ORIGINAL: chsnprodigy

That's cool.... I've seen them all over the price scale and have no clue what the pro's and cons of the different years are... like I said in another thread... the only ones I have driven had no pads on the seats and were painted camo...
Yea, most of the ones ive been in have camo on them toolol Ill post some pics when I get her! Im sure ill be on here alot asking questions and what not! Thanks for everyones help!

Quick Reply: Im going to pick her up today