PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H1 differentials question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:00 AM
Question H1 differentials question

Hi,

I was currently on the run to understand H1's differentials as much, as possible. I was reading through bunch of stuff, watched couple of videos on youtube trying to figure out what types of differentials exists and which of them are used in H1s. I started with pretty zero knowledge whatsoever and I am here to ask, if my understanding is right. I will write down what I think it is made like and how it works. I would really appreciate you guys to correct me, if I am mistaken in any part.

So H1 has three differentials. Front axle diff., center diff. (the one between axles. I am not sure if it is correct terminology) and rear axle diff. Those axle differentials are Torsen (Torque-Sensing) and the center one is locking diff. From stuff I've seen and read, Torsen diff cannot be locked and are applied automaticaly (it can sense, when wheel has less traction and by spur gears etc. kinda "locks itself" and tries to distribute torque equivalently? Also I've read there are something like two spins on wheel with less traction to every single spin of wheel with more traction) and are mostly useful in slippery situations, however not very useful, while one wheel is in the air and has absolutely no traction. To get out of this situation you've got to use brake throtle modulation (simply apply brake and gently use throttle, while easing on the brake?). The center differential can be locked by shifting HL (High-Lock) or L (Low) and by locking it, the torque will be equally distributed on both front and rear axle.

This is what I think it works like. I am pretty sure I am mistaken in bunch of stuff and I would really appreciate, if you guys could correct me . Thank you.

Btw. I am sorry for grammar mistakes in advance. I've tried to write it down in my best knowledge of the language.