PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1995 Gas H1

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Default RE: 1995 Gas H1

ORIGINAL: hummer

ORIGINAL: GorillaH2

I never knew they made a gas H1 and I thought you wanted to convert it to gas. Well I dont know,if H2's came diesel I would buy the diesel version because of the economy and power but an H1 is 1000pounds heavier and it really isnt worth getting it. BTW why wouldyou have to go halfway across the country to find one?
Because there aint nocheap H1s anywhere around here. The closest one is in NC & I can't afford it . This one is about $12,000 and I want it so bad[:@]& It has a clean history. It is within 30 miles of my house. I need help I don't know what to do.
I'd suggest saving up a bit more and buying what you really want you will be much more happier. and never put all your money into the truck make sure you save enough for the (fix it fund) especially on something that cheap im sure you might have to do some work to it. Plus an old vehicle like that is just like all older vehicles they require alot to maintain and keep running in good shape so just to let you know if you want an H1 and can only afford that one then I am not sure you should get one they are very costly vehicle both to buy and maintain especially if you offroad it.
Dont get me wrong here H1's are not full of problems but they are after all just a vehicle and when they get old and get high mileage and wasnt maintained properly it might end up being alot more costly than you expect.. Same thing happened to me after 1 1/2 years I spent about $20,000 CDN in maintenance and repairs(although it was my fault such a high price expensive dealership and bad local mechanic) it still ended up that price im sure if i took it direct to phil(mechanic about 2 hours away specializes in H1's) probably would have only been $10,000 but either case that is alot of cash to dish out ontop of everything but Im happy to report the H1 is running Excellent right now and no problems besides cosmetics!

So in conclusion expect to pay alot into repairs etc you might luck out and not even need it but if you do need it once its done you will have a great machine that will last another 10+ years and another 100k miles( i dont know about the gas engine though)

Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 PM

$12,000 is incredible. If thats in a sound shape and great condition, I would be ALL OVER IT.

wowsers.

I would highly recomend diesel over gas anyday, it gets a much better MPG and it's much cheaper in most cases. IIRC, I believe they were about 11mpgs for GAS and around 16 for Diesel.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM

Thank you for all the help , I just don't know what to do. I could get it & when it dies put a diesel in it

Old 09-10-2007, 12:20 AM

There's nothing wrong in general with the gas Hummers. The engine is just a 350 Chevrolet, one of the most common engines on earth. Swapping to a diesel would be a major and costly ordeal anyway. $12k for any year H1 is a steal, even if it requires a good bit of work to get it into shape. Just do your homework and find out what the truck needs and get an idea of how much it will cost to fix it. And just be aware that maintenance is an ongoing and important part of owning an H1. In general, repair parts aren't THAT much more expensive than those for most other vehicles, but they do seem to require more frequent attention.