PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need assistance from the Mods who have the POWER!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Default Need assistance from the Mods who have the POWER!!

Hey all,
I am trying to find out what I can do to change my user name. I have been messaging for months to the admin (or the person I thought had the power on here) asking if there was a way to change my screen name or if he/she/it could. I have yet to get an answer. The reason why I am trying to change my screen name is because when I signed up I was "not sure what user name yet" to use and I believed I could change it. Plus i figured if I didnt change it, it would be yes for me to remember and use..... Thats where the problem lies.... I have such a hard time remembering it that many times I am having to ask the forum website what my user name is. Its a bit of a hassle. So I figured if I could get one of your guys/girls to help out to change it to something easier for me... I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 03-10-2014, 06:48 PM

How about creating a hotmail or yahoo account, then register as a new user using that email address and your new handle?

Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 PM

Atari800 (btw I used to have one of those)
I really dont want to have two accounts, even if I only to continue to use one. I want to just have my screen name changed because there are lots of posts and such that i am a part of that I dont want to loose track or subscriptions too'
Otherwise, I would have just done that
Thanks though

Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 PM

I don't think too many forums allow changing your handle. Facebook allows you change your name once after some period of time...getting married changing names. But I think if you could change your handle, it would be confusing for people to identify a troll/a$$hole if they can change their identity on demand.
Since you got 53 posts, you may want to consider a new account. It will be harder to consider this when you have 100's with a good reputation.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Atari800,
Again I completely understand... but thats why I am trying to get with the Mods since I have proof on other forums and I figured I could plead my case.
This name is just too much to remember and if I created another account on another email client, I probably wont remember that either.

So hopefully someone chimes in, if anything to know that people do exist on here since like I said originally I have written so many times without answer

Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 AM

Send a PM to either Doc Olds or 3hummers.
They are super-moderators and should be able to help you out.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 AM

keep us informed if this is doable

Old 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks bunger

Old 03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

I've got to have more power Mr. Scott!

Funny thing is, as a super mod I can use the moderator control panel and see all of his user info, even change stuff around, but there is no way to SAVE any change I can make. Useless in other words.
I did forward Notsurewhathisnameis' PM to the only person I can see that still has full admin authorization.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I tried the same thing and got the same results. I could change anything I wanted to but I couldn't save it.

Quick Reply: Need assistance from the Mods who have the POWER!!