PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

is hummer alive or dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by C-Squared
keep the eco cars coming - makes the Humvee that much prettier.
200% agree with you

Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Hummer is forever , 3 month ago went I get mine the dealer sale guy told me that Hummer is selling a lot of more easily than most cars cause they are unique .

Even if GM won't produce it anymore is going to be a classic , so people who own it are going to keep it or either sell it for high price ...

My 06 Hummer has more value than my friend 08 BMW X3 ...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

keep the eco cars coming - makes the Humvee that much prettier.
200% agree with you
c'mon dont u really want a chevy VOLT!!,,,,i hear the cruise gets 38 mpg,how bout that'n

i heard they sold 75 volts last month,,not even enuf to shock a liberal!!

and that darn f150 keeps selling 50,000/mo. oh whats a tree huggr to do

Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 PM

As a new owner of an H3, I must say that I am really pleased with the vehicle. Its my wife's ride, I have a Tundra for work and a CJ-7 for play/snow plowing. We've always been jeep fans, my first was a Scrambler I rebuilt in high school. They weren't popular during production, but saw a huge surge in popularity in the 90's, and so jeep brought out the Unlimited, and now the four door. The H3 is the only thing comparable to the four door wrangler, aside maybe from the FJ Cruiser. Either way, with the popularity of the wrangler, it would be crazy for GM to stay out of that market. I've driven both, even the new 3.6L wrangler, and still like our 2006 H3 better. I still like jeeps, and even Toys, but the H3 is alota fun, and very capable. In fact, if not for the deal we had on our H3, I wouldn't be a GM owner.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Thumbs up

I am surely hoping for a rebirth of the Hummer brand.

Negligent driver in a 4wd pick-up T-boned us in the driver's door. We were going 55mph and Michigan State Police said he was going between 55-65mph when he ran the stop sign and hit us. We rolled once and landed on our roof in a 14' deep ditch. My wife, two kids and I all survived because of the quality of our H3.

They can sell as many Volts and Fusions as they want. We will ALWAYS have at least one Hummer in our garage.

Our next door neighbor has a cousin who is a GM engineer. He worked with other engineers on the safety design of the H3. He has been emailed copies of about 25 photos of our H3 with a letter of thanks signed by all four of us. He responded with a note assuring us that our pics and story have been forwarded to the rest of his co-workers who helped design that body style.

Attached Thumbnails is hummer alive or dead-crashed-7-3-10.jpg   is hummer alive or dead-crashed-7-3-10..jpg   is hummer alive or dead-crashed-7-3-10...jpg  

Last edited by mgoblue85; 11-24-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 PM

When Government Motors (GM) shut down the Hummer lines..then shortly after, the demand went through the roof around here in central Oklahoma...Everybody and their cousins wants a HUMMER now..Prices for used ones are at full KBB value and then some...and the seller is getting it...AMAZING, I guess they learned that they were not the GAS GUZZLERS everyone made them out be...ironicly, that polictical pressure used on GM to discontinue HUMMERS, ultimately started a new trend in the post HUMMER era.

I feel soon, when GM pays back everything it owes to the Govenment...You may see a new line of HUMMERS..I'm hoping anyways

Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM

Since the sale to China didn't go through, I am not writing Hummer off yet. I agree with you, Bearcat. When the US Gov't gets out of the car business, where it never had any right to be, we might just see some new Hummers rolling down the line.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM

We usually say ditch the nerfs, but damn mgoblue85, those and the spare tire are the only things that look like they made it out besides your family!
I couldn't even go down a dirt road without bending mine!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
I am surely hoping for a rebirth of the Hummer brand.

Negligent driver in a 4wd pick-up T-boned us in the driver's door. We were going 55mph and Michigan State Police said he was going between 55-65mph when he ran the stop sign and hit us. We rolled once and landed on our roof in a 14' deep ditch. My wife, two kids and I all survived because of the quality of our H3.

They can sell as many Volts and Fusions as they want. We will ALWAYS have at least one Hummer in our garage.

Our next door neighbor has a cousin who is a GM engineer. He worked with other engineers on the safety design of the H3. He has been emailed copies of about 25 photos of our H3 with a letter of thanks signed by all four of us. He responded with a note assuring us that our pics and story have been forwarded to the rest of his co-workers who helped design that body style.
WOW ! glad you and your family made it out of this carnage.
I considered the H3 for my teenage daughter as a first car for the exact same reason you posted.
I was talked out of it because of the blind spots the truck has. I ended up with a BMW X3 for her. Now I am thinking maybe I should have stuck to my plans.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Default Hummer wish

I replied to that standard email GM sends out, this time they wanted to put me in a new GM vehicle, think it was the Silverado, or something like that...I emailed them back that basically I lost interest when they stopped Hummer production. Was surprised that I actually got a reply but not the one I was hoping for. Seemed like standard reply that they had put a lot of thought into it before stopping production, etc and that they felt it was the best decision to be made, yada,yada. Unfortunately, unless somebody else comes out with the Hummer again, I don't see GM revamping the line no matter how much we want them to. Dang it.

Quick Reply: is hummer alive or dead