PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

is hummer alive or dead

Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 PM

New to the forum and Hummers here. I just bought an 06 h3 with 40000 miles on it and am lovin it. I hope like hell the bring the Hummer brand back so I have something new to buy when I pay this one off.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by bugsbe97
I would love to see HUMMER come back. Gas isn't going to get any cheaper and I don't want to see HUMMER crash and burn again. I just hope the people at JEEP are laughing there asses off at GM. We there only competion. The other thing I don't get if Gm had to get rid of a brand why not GMC. It's the same damn thing as Chevy. I went looking a GM truck the other day. They all got the same Mpg's or less than HUMMERs....
What happens when all the Hummers are gone?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 PM

They may not produce Hummers anymore, but the Hummer Community is very alive!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM

The US has more oil than OPEC.

Over a billion barrels in the gulf is awaiting extraction by Exxon/Mobil, but the Obama administration is stopping them from extracting it, even though they have the lease to do so.

The West is all owned by the Federal Government, therefore, they can say yes or no, but with over regulation, this will not happen unless a new administration comes in and wrangles the "administrative branch."

The progressives are OK with wind turbines that produce next to nothing but are killing the Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle, etc. but are all worried about bait fish.

Regardless of the political, we run on gas. We need fuel. We have plenty here in the US that would make us independent of foreign oil.

Obama wants to fix our infrastructure, bridges and roads. With $4 per gallon gas who the heck is going to use these roads? Furthermore, this morning I was driving and the bridge fell behind me. Kidding of course, but this is simply stupid.

The smaller the care, the more fatalities. The EPA, the leftists don't get this. It is basic science.

If not for my 2006 H3, my family would have been dead if they were in any other vehicle this administration wants us to drive (while not driving themselves).

Hummer was offered for sale at $150 million. Guarantee that if there is a change in the White House that is business friendly, either GM will fire it back up or a savvy investor will purchase it.

Originally Posted by X Army MP
I don't mean to deviate from the original topic but earlier this year I heard oil men found large amounts of oil in N Dakota and I was told by my brother (who works at a refinery for Conoco) says N Dakota is suppose to out produce Texas in oil by the end of this summer. Also in the Rockies they are drilling and capping wells all through Montana. From what I've heard it's possible Montana might out produce Texas and N Dakota when they decide to open the wells.

I see gas getting cheap. The oil companies I think are waiting for the right moment to show their hand. They hate echo BS cars. I bet they flood the market with oil to lower gas REALLY cheap to get rid of all the 30+ mpg cars. Once they are gone the prices come up cause everyone will have 3/4 and 1 tons. I grew up in the cab of a truck in the oil field. I may be wrong but I wouldn't give up hope about Hummer making a comeback. never know you might spend $50-$60 to fill your Hummers

Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Default GM Colorado

GM has a Colorado Off Road concept complete with Diesel engine and winches.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 PM

My Hummer Tech at the dealership told me that there is a rumor about Hummer coming back under the GMC badge. I dunno...just wanted to pass it along.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mmaskilz
My Hummer Tech at the dealership told me that there is a rumor about Hummer coming back under the GMC badge. I dunno...just wanted to pass it along.
we can only hope. idk what im getting next

Old 10-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Rumor mixed with truth. Before Hummer even launched, they had discussions on whether to have its own brand or to launch under a truck brand like GMC - so it would be something like the "GMC Moab"....they ultimately decided to put Hummer in its own brand and market it 'like nothing else'.

There has been no talk about re-introduction. GM is still under the gov't eye and can't add another brand (it was part of their bailout to reduce the number of brands).

Couple that with the serious investment to bring anything in the current lineup into the new fuel standards of the next few years, which GM is not in a position to spend considering the current economy and outlook on cars that they were selling 100/1 on Hummers...

Further reading:

GM Considered Releasing HUMMER Models as GMCs | Hummer Guy

Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 AM

hi MMASKILZ! - As much as we hummerheads would think this is a dream come true, as i've read HummerGuy's post and url link, its sad at the same time very much hopefull.

I'd really wish there will be somewhat another hopefull "insider scoop" from GM or GMC by end of the year or 2012.

any news (even just the shortest of discussion) about ressurecting the brand will definitely transform us into kids in a candy store again..

fingers crossed!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM

In my opinion, hummer will return to the production lines, but with the H2 running on electric or other "fuel" and they will bring back the H3T.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is hummer alive or dead