Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Head and Valve Problems. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/head-valve-problems-34/)
-   -   Head valve ????????? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/head-valve-problems-34/head-valve-5066/)

patrol343 04-21-2007 12:52 AM

Head valve ?????????

Ok I see a ton of head valve problems on here and I tried to read some of them but it is getting way to confusing....

Here is my questions if anyone can help me...

1. Is there any way to know if my vehicle is going to have valve problems like vin, date of manufacture or anything of that nature???

2. How would I know if I am having valve problems????

3. I am planning on taking my H3 to ocean city this summer and is it going to be ok if I am halfway down there and something occurs??? Or should I just not take it????

4. Is it a definite that my Check engine light will come on??????

Dennis 04-21-2007 01:08 AM

RE: Head valve ?????????

ORIGINAL: patrol343

Ok I see a ton of head valve problems on here and I tried to read some of them but it is getting way to confusing....

1. Is there any way to know if my vehicle is going to have valve problems like vin, date of manufacture or anything of that nature???

3. I am planning on taking my H3 to ocean city this summer and is it going to be ok if I am halfway down there and something occurs??? Or should I just not take it????

And you call yourself a cop?:eek::D:D

1. Ifthe last 8 digits in yourVIN is less than68287591, there is a higher probability that you may be having this issue.

2. Engine runs rough at idle..excessive gas use.

3. Take it..It will still get you around if you have the problem..don't let this rule your life.

4. No..not always...Sarah's didn't

patrol343 04-21-2007 07:05 PM

Yes I am thank you much..:D:D:D and I dont have an issue because these things are recorded down.....I mean if they are having an issue with these head valves then there has to be a way for them to know when they were made or processed..... if there is a bad batch going around...

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: patrol343

And you call yourself a cop?:eek::D:D

1. Ifthe last 8 digits in yourVIN is less than68287591, there is a higher probability that you may be having this issue.

2. Engine runs rough at idle..excessive gas use.

3. Take it..It will still get you around if you have the problem..don't let this rule your life.

4. No..not always...Sarah's didn't

attila787 05-15-2007 04:52 PM

Damn, all these postings have got me nervous. I just bought a used 06 with 30,000 rides good no problems so far, but I wonder if there is anything I can do for prevention.

littlehummerboy 05-15-2007 04:56 PM

Maybe check the service history of that vehicle with GM. Perhaps the head has already been replaced on it, then it's unlikely you will have problems with it.

punkrrr 05-16-2007 08:37 AM

07 H3 with only9,000 miles and has been babied (no off road or driven hard). Started this AM, check engine light came on, with engine sputtering. Called dealer, took in for check. Needs new head as per dealer. 3rd repair on this vehicle (all previously covered under warranty, hopefully this will too).

Dennis 05-16-2007 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: punkrrr

07 H3 with only9,000 miles and has been babied (no off road or driven hard). Started this AM, check engine light came on, with engine sputtering. Called dealer, took in for check. Needs new head as per dealer. 3rd repair on this vehicle (all previously covered under warranty, hopefully this will too).
Unless you are over in mileage or years..everything short of the brakes, belts, wipers, tires, and fluids is covered by the warranty.

punkrrr 05-16-2007 09:45 AM

Thanks, Dennis. I will take that approach with the service rep. I have to call him tomorrow to find out when I can get my ride back.

Dennis 05-16-2007 11:08 AM

No prob..Seriously though, if the dealer is treating you right, always treat them with patients and a smile in your voice..this way the job is most likely done right.

punkrrr 05-16-2007 12:00 PM

I agree, they are there to help me and did not cause my issues.